You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, July 14th 2015, 11:25pm

Cash Shop Tips

Howdy,
New player on the F2P server. I see that there are lots of "important things" to buy in the cash shop and also tons and tons of items that aren't quite as important and to be honest I am a little overwhelmed. I am looking for some PRO TIPS on what kinda things are needed or nice to have so I can focus my budget on obtaining those. Any advice on things to buy or avoid would be appreciated!

Tuesday, July 14th 2015, 11:50pm

Quit f2p server directly and come and join us in p2p, instead of spend hundreds of euros on bountique items, 10euro month.
Pro tip & u welcome :)

Wednesday, July 15th 2015, 4:34am

you can buy level 1 runes for <1 gold each at the runevendorNPC
buy 10 pieces, later you will need 3 more for martyrs quests and fusion 2 "Lv1" to one "Lv2"
from leveling you get a Q that gives you CC and golddust to make a level 2 rune
with this 2-1-1 1-1-1 you will stay a long time as free player

the first thing i would buy from shop is a "lootpet" (magpie helper) as soon as possible
if you plan to use $ and do not want to play completely free this is the 1st thing you should get except you enjoy picking up loot manually :P (its 500BC)
it will make your game MUCH MUCH MUCH more comfortable, especially if you are a ranged class
if you play completely free without $ i would recommend to buy nothing until you have enough gold to buy the lootpet

to get a mount find a mentor that is willing to be best friends with you and shares a mount with you
if you mentor declines dismiss him and get a proper new one (24h cd)
you can also try to get a free horse from tropical atoll
if you use $ try to get a wyverne now, its a fast mount for a cheap price!

then, long time there will be no contact with shop while leveling (except you will meet other players' reincarnations and see whats possible:P)
when you have ~ 106.000 Gold (regarding current exchangevalues) you have enough to exchange and buy a lootpet - its a great success

so lets assume you have reached level 65, you have the looter, maybe a mount from tropical atoll, whats next?

there are different noteable improvements(selection):

+ Rubies ( I II III IV V) "Radiant Strongbox of the Counselor"
+ Statpoints ( I II III IV) "Radiant Strongbox of the Mentor"
+ Talentpoints (I II III IV) "Radiant Strongbox of the Archivist"
+ Proficiency&Health-burst (I II III IV) "Radiant Strongbox of the Wizard"
+ Defensive Statpoints ( I II III IV) " Radiant Strongbox of the Conclave"
+ Health / Mana / Time / x2 absorption for kills (I II III IV) "Radiant Strongbox of the Carnifex"
+ +DMG / Heal (V) "Patron Chest"
+ 2nd Earring Slot ( I II III IV) "Radiant Strongbox of the Jeweler"
+ Mountskills : Speedboost / Invis / Health&Manareg / faster mounting "Radiant Strongbox of the Commander"

usually you can buy I and II of them im auctionhouse for a reasonable price even if there is no sale for them atm

the "lowest" level of them ( I ) is usually cheap so you will be able to get the money for it in one day and they serve a purpose for every player
the "normal" level of them ( II) is a bit more expensive but still possible to get without much patience, they serve a purpose for every player and help a lot
the "high" level of them (III) is only available at a high price usually and should better be bought while there is a sale because ppl tend to sell them cheaper at this time since there are so many; they greatly improve your char
the "max" level of them (IV+V) is the top-pricesegment and usually not worth buying, except you have everything else already and have no better way to spend you gold; they give a HUGE boost to your char, but the price / performance ratio is often broken

also, you most likely want to upgrade your runes, try to get to full level 3 runes and then decide what to buy next, its depending on your playstyle class etc what will be the best thing to get
full level 7 runes is worth for sure, but it will be a long way until then
everything overlevel 7 has a bad price / performance ratio, but in total its still worth getting
you can also neglect you defensive runes and only improve your offensive runes, damage is usally more important than defense (but dont let your guard down too much)
there are other items from shop too like permanent respec, classchange,shipparts, battlemounts and other things but i did not list them here since they are usually not interesting for a new player and as you continue to play you will learn about them anyway; they are no priority to get

i know its a lot and might seem a bit intimidating but actually its not hard to understand as you play for a while :)

if you have further questions let us know...

http://en.allodswiki.ru/search/?text=scroll&item=page:1
http://en.allodswiki.ru/search?text=radiant+strongbox&elem=0
there is a nice list of almost all items, with pictures

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jul 15th 2015, 5:10am)

Wednesday, July 15th 2015, 10:13am

PoloRL

Trainee

Coming from someone who played on F2P absolutely free for about 2 years, you will need to invest either HUNDREDS of dollars, perhaps even bordering the thousands to get to a point where you can be somewhat competitive, but if you want to be borderline competitive while playing completely free, you will either have to grind 24/7, or play normally and wait for a few years to get to that level, and even then you will be at a massive disadvantage against those who have both played for a long time and/or spent THOUSANDS on this game.

In the 2 years I played I managed to get 777 666 runes, pat 5, purple hero trinket, a few ruby pages and stat pages etc. but I was always behind because I had to spend my gold on cash shop items instead of gear, because I didn't have time to make enough gold for both. On top of all of this, it was a lot EASIER to play f2p before and it was far cheaper to buy crystals from the vendor, so I can't imagine what it's like trying to get all of that now. I've started to play on P2P, and while I'm only leveling at the moment, I'm enjoying it. The population is still low but it is getting noticeably better by the day.

I am not trying to coerce you into staying away from F2P, I'm just giving you my experience as a F2P player who played for quite a while on the server.

Wednesday, July 15th 2015, 12:58pm

Pochtron

Intermediate

IAmGroot was kind enough to make a list of items considered needed (to be competitive) or luxury.

The post is here : http://allods.com/forum/index.php?page=T…24312#post24312

Keep in mind :
- crystal ratio is now around 1:185, but there are also more ways to make gold in game
- new CS items have been released since this list was made (leggy/fabled sacrament, new level of martyr skills, etc.)
- cost of runes is not included in this list, but there is an item in boutique that will give you level 5 runes and some basic stuff

Edit : typos - lots.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pochtron" (Jul 15th 2015, 6:12pm)

Wednesday, July 15th 2015, 3:20pm

it was a lot EASIER to play f2p before and it was far cheaper to buy crystals from the vendor, so I can't imagine what it's like trying to get all of that now

when i was new in this game (level 51was max, exchange was 1:8 or something) i met several players with runes levl 7 or higher, i asked them how they got them and if its possible to get them for free (with gold)
they all told me the same thing you mention here now, exchangerate has gone so high and its far more difficult now than it was before etc

but what was forgotten to mention was that along with the higher exchangerate a higher "income" also came and that game has become easier (a lot) in total
when you compare the time needed to get item X 3 years before and now, its easier to get it now, just because there is a ***load of activities that gives gold, available to everyone now
only thing that matters is time

Wednesday, July 15th 2015, 5:00pm

PoloRL

Trainee

when i was new in this game (level 51was max, exchange was 1:8 or something) i met several players with runes levl 7 or higher, i asked them how they got them and if its possible to get them for free (with gold)
they all told me the same thing you mention here now, exchangerate has gone so high and its far more difficult now than it was before etc

but what was forgotten to mention was that along with the higher exchangerate a higher "income" also came and that game has become easier (a lot) in total
when you compare the time needed to get item X 3 years before and now, its easier to get it now, just because there is a ***load of activities that gives gold, available to everyone now
only thing that matters is time
And how much time do you propose is required to get to the competitive standard? I personally think it's harder to be f2p, you think it's easier so let's say it's as do able as it was in the, say, 47 patch. A normal player probably plays around 2-3 hours a day, maybe more on non working days. Take into consideration the amount of time it would take to get to 65, maybe a month or two? And then you need to get decent gear, getting gold along the way, then you start really getting all the stuff you need from the cash shop. How long do you estimate that would take by the time you have full 7s, pat 5, stat pages, ruby pages, hero trinket and so on? For me I'd say at least a year and a half.

In that year and a half, all the players you've been trying to catch up to have had a year and a half to improve their characters and get further ahead, so how long will it take to get to a somewhat semi-even playing field with the players who have already been playing for such a long time? So the question is are you willing to play for such a long time to get to that point? Is it worth it? That comes down to the individual, but I'd say it's a fairly unattractive prospect.

Wednesday, July 15th 2015, 5:17pm

i fully agree that it takes long to catch up, especially as a free player with little time

but thats a good thing as it makes the gameprogress of old players worth something, its not like a rookie can counter a veteran...

Wednesday, July 15th 2015, 5:47pm

i fully agree that it takes long to catch up, especially as a free player with little time

but thats a good thing as it makes the gameprogress of old players worth something, its not like a rookie can counter a veteran...
That is one opinion. Personally I'd much rather prefer if the progress was mainly skill and knowledge based. Just because someone is a veteran or has tons of money to spend, ideally it should not make him borderline invulnerable against any rookie.
It's just beyond hilarious to see some videos from the F2P server where people do seemingly well thanks to all the boutique stuff, despite being clickers - and quite slow ones at that.

I never really understood people who defended the idea of buying raw damage and defenses in a game.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Wednesday, July 15th 2015, 7:39pm

PoloRL

Trainee

Yes but what I'm saying is the time you spend to catch up is not going to be particularly fun. Granted some people may enjoy grinding and doing the same astral isles over and over, but you probably won't be able to partake in guild raids, and in PvP (probably the most fun part of the game for me) you will get absolutely battered by the players mentioned.

I understand from previous posts from yourself though, that you find the grinding experience rewarding, in which case each to their own, but the point I'm trying to put across is with the P2P server you save yourself a lot of time by spending a little bit of money, money which wouldn't get you very far at all on F2P.

Wednesday, July 15th 2015, 8:14pm

Personally I'd much rather prefer if the progress was mainly skill and knowledge based

so p2p would be perfect fitting here, since its only gear that has to be improved there, rest is skill since there is nothing beside gear that can make a char stronger :)

Just because someone is a veteran or has tons of money to spend, ideally it should not make him borderline invulnerable against any rookie.

i know its my opinion, but exactly this is what i enjoy so much, you can go "lazy" after you did hard work
i also saw the videos of top-equipped players which had a very lazy inputstyle or even just played by mouse and their superiority still made them win by far

since before i played allods i was in a game where skill > everything else, i now enjoy the difference
i also enjoyed this previous game and played it a long time but after some years i felt disappointed that every rookie could be almost equal to a veteran; this made all the years i had played worth literally nothing (only gameplaywise ofc! it was fun and i dont want to miss that experience!!)
in this game it did not matter at all if your account was banned / lost / whatever since you could just make a new one and were top again (as long as you had skill); in the end this game got a bit boring because there was no more space to get better, since with "perfect" skill you already hit the very top

completely different in allods, i have calculated that if i continue playing like this i would have level 13 runes in about 4 or 5 years, depending on how much i play, but if i play less it will be even longer, and there are much other things to get beside max runes, so plenty of stuff to do and i love it, really :love:

I never really understood people who defended the idea of buying raw damage and defenses in a game.

if it only was for money and nothing else i would also dislike it btw!

i "imagine" allods as if there was no way to buy things with $ and as if those with level 13 runes or whatever are just players that spent an enourmous amount of time with gaining gold (but since time is money, this actually is true, just that they have farmed their gold outside the game 8o)
in the end it does not make any diffrence if an OP player is OP due to his timeinvestment or due to his moneyinvestment, he is OP and thats it (just the one with money runs the game free for me, yay ;) )

Yes but what I'm saying is the time you spend to catch up is not going to be particularly fun. Granted some people may enjoy grinding and doing the same astral isles over and over, but you probably won't be able to partake in guild raids, and in PvP (probably the most fun part of the game for me) you will get absolutely battered by the players mentioned.

i can understand VERY well that not everyone is enjoying the same things i enjoy
the only tip i can give for pvp is get a gearscore and esp-addon and target the players which are also low geared&runed OR focus on CCs, they affect every player equally

the point I'm trying to put across is with the P2P server you save yourself a lot of time by spending a little bit of money, money which wouldn't get you very far at all on F2P.

i fully agree here

those with little money and little time will profit on p2p if they want to participate in every aspect of the game

Thursday, July 16th 2015, 9:27pm

IAmGroot

Professional

IAmGroot was kind enough to make a list of items considered needed (to be competitive) or luxury.

Some day, when I am either really bored or incredibly ambitious...I'll update this.

Thursday, July 16th 2015, 11:08pm

Hey everybody, THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE RESPONSES!!!! It is really great to have a community that is eager to help and not flame a newby hard. Special thanks to ALLODS ONLINE PLAYER for detailing the slightly overwhelming list of purchases "needed" on F2P server. Also Mr. Groot thanks for the list that I should have found before bothering everybody with my post!

I did try the cash server yesterday and got to level 15 without seeing a single player and got really sad.

I will try to stick with the F2P server since it makes all the difference in the world to see real live players in the cities! While I highly doubt I will drop that required pile of cash or have time to grind so hard, I do enjoy this world and look forward to seeing yall around the game as Tyffle a lvl 25 (so far) warden!!!