You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, July 24th 2015, 9:23pm

a very basic, simple and likewise stupid question from a newbie

Hello fellas first time, first acc and stuff... Just downloaded the game and got a glimpse on races and classes and i can safely say priden warden (trapper) is the coolest lookin character imo. But what im confused with is the warden's role. Im looking for some melee physical pve fella (not really interested in range or magic) and im aware that paladin and warrior are my best options but im really impressed by wardens appearance. So can warden give me a decent single pve play relying on physical strength? In other words; can i bite-punch etc alongside my fellow pet or is warden all about some int-like class conjuring around with the pet doing all the bestial stuff? And as i said i failed to get the wardens role. I mean what is its job in a group, yeah i see there are several options for each class so there are more than one answers but what are they when it comes to warden? So i could use some basic general info on its pros-cons, combat role options (not looking for advanced guides yet), and would it make me feel like some lupine beast relying on brute strength instead of weapons or magic? That's the feel i want, like a werewolf :D

Friday, July 24th 2015, 11:08pm

you can play as phsyical dps warden if you like, itd possible but recommended in most cases are ranged spells
role: warden can be healer or dps

btw you can get the costumes of every class for other classes too somehow if i remember correctly, so you could play a warrior and use the costume of a warden etc
(in future most likely will be a global costume sale)

also, you can make a reincarnation later, but only the 1st class get "free" costumes from a box

Friday, July 24th 2015, 11:33pm

you can play as phsyical dps warden if you like, itd possible but recommended in most cases are ranged spells
role: warden can be healer or dps

btw you can get the costumes of every class for other classes too somehow if i remember correctly, so you could play a warrior and use the costume of a warden etc
(in future most likely will be a global costume sale)

also, you can make a reincarnation later, but only the 1st class get "free" costumes from a box
Sorry i realised after opening the thread that my action was rash since i came across some more useful info in the meanwhile. Now i can say going with fist weapons look really appealing to me. Appearently pet has to tank and i have to hit, personally i would have more fun the other way around but its ok. So is there a reason i shouldnt do the fist fighting one (better options aside) does the spec have some significant downsides that would make me regret?

Friday, July 24th 2015, 11:41pm

things that come to my mind if i think about playing melee warden while leveling:

i have to run to every mob
since im not a warrior/paladin reincarnation i have no charge
as melee with mana i will run OOM fast
melee-warden is more for pvp than for pve
every warrior paladin and meleehealer will most likely be better than you by design

if these things are OK for you i do not see a reason why you shouldnt play this way, having fun is #1 priority in this game :)
i named them to prevent bad surprises...

so i would at least skill the thunderstrikeskill to max, even as melee
its the butter and bread of a warden

Friday, July 24th 2015, 11:43pm

Only being for pvp makes me rethink :D

Friday, July 24th 2015, 11:52pm

well "only" is debateable since you can also pvp as ranged...
but for example with dual fists its very very good vs mages

most wardens i have seen were hybrid, they had aspects of healers and casters, some with some melee skills

you can respec until level15 (15 included), once you are 16 you cant any longer for free (except you get a sealed fountain of death)
maybe this way you can gather more experience and see if you like it this way or not

Saturday, July 25th 2015, 12:00am

Guess we had a misunderstanding there, i meant being more for pvp is the only thing that makes me rethink among the possible issues you listed (meaning im fine with ''i have to run to every mob since im not a warrior/paladin reincarnation i have no charge as melee with mana i will run OOM fast every warrior paladin and meleehealer will most likely be better than you by design'') Ofc experiencing is the best way but early levels dont put up any challenge to see the strengths and weaknesses of your build you know. And this situation made me go all over from the beginning with another character in other games before, and if you have any such experience you know how frustrating it is :)

Saturday, July 25th 2015, 1:18am

Pochtron

Intermediate

OK so where to start ...

Melee warden is among the strongest class for pve (especially raids) and also in pvp. They used to be caster but this patch (6.0) nerfed their best skills, so many wardens are now running as melee. They are extremely strong vs. single opponents, but can pop some decent aoe too.

It's a pretty dynamic melee class that lets you move freely while being able to use almost all your skills (except for some aoe/cc skill). The pet will tank some of the mobs which makes it quite easy for you to kill them while leveling.
You can check this thread (http://allods.com/forum/index.php?page=T…63665#post63665) for info & discussions about good melee builds. It doesn't include fist weapons, but rather 2h.

As for its role in group, it's quite versatile since you can make a full dps build, or go as healer, or be some kind of hybrid with off-heals and/or cc. All depends on the style of play/activities you like most.
TBH I haven't tested healer since 6.0 so i cannot say if it was nerfed as much as caster, but it doesn't seem to be the direction you're taking anyway :)

Cheers, have fun with warden, it's a very nice class to play :p

Saturday, July 25th 2015, 3:35pm

ok to sum it up for you^^

in PvE warden is in my eyes still the strongest dps^^ i see this in pretty much every raid or astral etc and my current playstyle is melee ( even if i like caster more but it is simply weaker atm)

in pvp warden is also one of the best classes if you ask me i mean ok warden is squishy compared to other classes like paladin etc but we can still hold our ground^^ also abilitys like aqua morte are feared by every heal :P

to the thing you want to tank yourself instead of your pet dont worry^^ as a melee you will do more damage than your pet so you get more aggro which means the mobs will attack you^^ (expect you take aggro rubees for your pet then ofc it has like 300% more aggro and will tank...shortly cuz it dies fast^^)

but also i have to say you cant play without magic! you have to use flash lightning (instant cast) every 2,5 sek to do a good dps but this is no problem cuz you can easily do it while your melee hit has cooldown^^ also i makes NO diffrence if you are caster or melee cuz your mana is the same^^ just some special skills requiere more mana depending on your playstyle (for example bearblow the aoe melee hit)

Saturday, July 25th 2015, 8:25pm

Ok ty for helping yall, just one more question; is there any diffirence between these: http://allods.wikia.com/wiki/The_Twelve_Patrons

And about tanking is the character defensively strong enough to dare generating more threat than the pet, or would this case make me have to heal myself constantly?

Oh and forgot to mention what is the talent cap here: http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc/ The simulator doesnt limit it.

Saturday, July 25th 2015, 9:08pm

Pochtron

Intermediate

Patrons : besides cosmetic appearance of your runes, there's no difference between the patrons, all will help you the same way.

Tanking : don't worry too much about it while leveling, you have enough self-heals and protections to over aggro the pet. And if you do it right the fights won't last too long! After you reach level cap you'll need a tank for astral adventures and raids anyway, and the rest of the mobs you'll dispose of easily with a bit of gear.

Talent cap : the number of talents/rubies used will turn yellow with a ( ! ) next to it when you reach the limit. Talents you need boutique scrolls to expand them, rubies you'll gain most of the additional ones during your adventures or by completing raids + boutique item too for the last few.

Hope it helps!

Saturday, July 25th 2015, 9:52pm

Thanks mate definetely helped! But still could use more speficitaion on talent numbers, see I saved my talents fearin to misspread but now i reached some level that i really need to spend them now :D Ofc checking guides but knowing the limits like ''this is base you gain by levels'', ''this many rubies shouldnt be much trouble and you can theorically have this many but dont get too hopeful'', ''from here on you need item shop'' would really help making my mind.

Sunday, July 26th 2015, 12:45am

Pochtron

Intermediate

I have more good news ! When you hit level cap you'll be able to respec for free, one time.
This means you can make a leveling build now with stuff that looks fine, and then remake a final build once you're 65 with all the right number of talents & rubies.

Below some numbers so you can have an idea, but if someone has more details about the exact numbers it would be better.

Talents : you get 68 base talents, and can buy 1 + 2 + 2 + 2/3 (?) more. The last 4/5 ones are very, very expensive.
Rubies : you get 48 base, and can earn about 10 more quite easily through low level raids and some quests, the last ones (5-7) with cash shop + endgame raids. The last rubies from cash shop are very, very expensive and the last ones from raids you need a high level guild.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Pochtron" (Jul 26th 2015, 12:56am)

Sunday, July 26th 2015, 12:57am

Good news indeed :D Thanks pal now i can get a picture more or less, allonsy!