You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, July 26th 2015, 10:45pm

Help with Pyro build

I recently came back to play Allods and i reached lvl 65. I had the astral build which i used for leveling, but i asked around and they told me Pyro build deals a lot more damage. Can anyone post a descent pyro build? I have 55 rubies and 66 talent points.

Monday, July 27th 2015, 12:24pm

take a look at the "PMB" entries, there are pyrobuilds too 8o

Not a good advice. I skimmed through all of this year's ones just now and it seems there's not one proper pyro build.

Unless you mean previous year also (did not look through those). They still might be up-to-date though, it's not like this class has changed much.

Whatever you do, DO NOT take choke in a pyro build. It's a very common mistake.

Another important thing that people often don't seem to know is that taking Psychic Shock/Astral Venom in a pyro build is NOT pointless. They only share cooldown if you use Shock/Venom first, not the other way around. You essentially have a "free" Shock/Venom cast right after every pyro. It also helps to take Shattered Nerves rubies to stack it up when you have to move and can't cast pyro.

Main bulk of damage should be from Destabilization always, so be sure to max that. It's worth casting Destabilization over Pyro even under effect of Temporal Acceleration.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jul 27th 2015, 12:35pm)

Tuesday, July 28th 2015, 1:36am

i meant previous builds (as you wrote, not much changed)
http://allods.com/forum/index.php?page=T…21714#post21714
its in german language but what matters most are the pictures of the talentscreen anyway
although for 5.0, still good enough to get an idea of how a pyrobuild could work (ofc its just a suggestion and depending on the situation another distribution of rubies / talents can be more profitable)

choke in pyro = less dps, absolutely

where we are at it; what HAS changed is that due to the higher damage pyro does now its possible to make reasonable dpsbuilds without astraldamage at all; basically dps can just be pyro / temp. acceleration
an interesting way is to play, especially if you want to play psi in "3-button-stlye" (link, pyro,accelaration)
the deep thought in this build is the thought that since you will be at 3 stacks always, your pyro will ALWAYS have additional dmg, which makes it nearly as good as desta
if you combine with insight you can also have a fast start

so many possibilities... i like to use WOB too, while t.a. its so fast casted and in groups effective, just tab targets and cast in on every, the effect will "stack" since it does not get recasted on the same mob but on another nerby standing

the pyro/shock/desta rotation is also very interesting, its the best for getting concentrationstacks
however it seems to be not known by a lot of players

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jul 28th 2015, 1:46am)

Tuesday, July 28th 2015, 2:32am

Erwyn

Trainee

Another important thing that people often don't seem to know is that taking Psychic Shock/Astral Venom in a pyro build is NOT pointless. They only share cooldown if you use Shock/Venom first, not the other way around. You essentially have a "free" Shock/Venom cast right after every pyro. It also helps to take Shattered Nerves rubies to stack it up when you have to move and can't cast pyro.

Main bulk of damage should be from Destabilization always, so be sure to max that. It's worth casting Destabilization over Pyro even under effect of Temporal Acceleration.
Usually I agree with your advice, but this is just awful and I won't let people believe it.
When using the rotation pyro-physic shock/astralvenom then destab it takes 0.5s to then use pyro again so it's better to just spam pyro unless you're forced to move, in which case you can use astral venom while moving.
Your second point shocks me entirely, you should never cast destabilization during temporal accel and you should only use it if you have x3 concentration stacks.
Pyro works as such, it has a % chance to give you a conc stack and if it doesn't it will do an additional hit on effect, if you have 3 stacks of concentration it clearly can't give you anymore so you will do get this additional hit on effect 100% of the time, so you will be spamming x2 pyro during temp acel therefore it's not beneficial at all to use destabilization during temp acel.
Destabilization should be our main bulk of damage? I don't know how you're dpsing but pyro is doing 60%+ of my damage.
/edit by Fayne: Please follow the Signatur Rules

Tuesday, July 28th 2015, 6:44am

Celinkabouh

Beginner

Wts signature to erwyn :3

Tuesday, July 28th 2015, 10:24am

its in german language but what matters most are the pictures of the talentscreen anyway

You are probably not aware of that, but other language forums pretty much don't exist for people who don't speak those languages. I personally have all but English forums filtered out to not clutter my screen, I'd guess most people do as well.

Pyro works as such, it has a % chance to give you a conc stack and if it doesn't it will do an additional hit on effect, if you have 3 stacks of concentration it clearly can't give you anymore so you will do get this additional hit on effect 100% of the time, so you will be spamming x2 pyro during temp acel therefore it's not beneficial at all to use destabilization during temp acel.

There's one important detail you're missing - it's not literally "when you don't gain concentration". The check is made anyway even if you cannot gain concentration due to 3 stack limit. There can be an event where the check passes and you'd gain concentration (but you don't since you're at max), in this case pyro does not do the additional damage.

Under temporal acceleration indeed every Pyro does additional damage, but it's regardless of whether you have max stacks of concentration or not.

A Destabilization still does more damage per time spent casting than a half cast time guaranteed 2nd hit pyro.

Destabilization should be our main bulk of damage? I don't know how you're dpsing but pyro is doing 60%+ of my damage.

It's because you don't cast Astral Venom after Pyro. That gives two Pyro per each one Destab, it's to be expected in this case.

EDIT:I could not believe this, but I could not take the thought I can be misinforming people either, so I've done testing. I have learned something new. The condition for pyro 2nd hit is now really dependent on stacks and not forced to be always true under temporal acceleration.

It seems I was wrong for the entirety of 6.0 as they either ninja-changed it or I was stupidly unlucky not getting even a single one-hit pyro with acceleration on in a lot of tests. Today I got... one in like a hundred.

Now even the higher damage of Destab doesn't make it worth it to cast with acceleration since you lose the 3 stack state.

But since Destab is still by far best damage per time spent casting, the biggest dps loss is when you run out of concentration and can't cast one despite it not being on cooldown. This is why my 2nd point still stands. It's pretty much impossible to run out of concentration if you cast Venom after every Pyro, with just 2 pyro each 1 destab this happens.

I'll use double-hit pyro for this calculation to tip it even more in the favor of 2x pyro 1 destab (which it really isn't)
Since Venom is instant I'll count it as 0.5s being that 0.5s you have to wait for next pyro.

dobule-hit pyro average (noncrit) ~150k
venom average (noncrit) ~70k
destab average (noncrit) ~170k
2x pyro + 1 destab = 300k in 3,8s + 170k in 0,5s ---> total 470k in 4,3s ---> ~110k dps
1x pyro + 1x venom + 1x destab = 150k in 1,9s + 70k in 0,5s + 170k in 0,5s ---> total 390k in 2,9s ---> 134k dps

Also I am not counting the destab in 2nd case is "bigger" from one Shattered Nerves stack.

This post has been edited 14 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jul 28th 2015, 1:00pm)

Tuesday, July 28th 2015, 8:02pm

Tuesday, July 28th 2015, 11:09pm

So the best build would be something like this?
http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc/#!6!213..31…ckipgbd/UYHDVUD

this build is not good, it has many "errors" and useless blank rubies

basic construct pve pyro dps without astraldmg suggestion: http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc/#!6!131..31…F!mrcomc/SUBALB
distribute other talents / rubies as you like (more mana conservative? more cc? mor survivability? more support? w/e you like!)

You are probably not aware of that, but other language forums pretty much don't exist for people who don't speak those languages. I personally have all but English forums filtered out to not clutter my screen, I'd guess most people do as well.

i wasnt sure sure so i just linked it for the case other forums are not displayed
seems it was a good idea :rolleyes:

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jul 28th 2015, 11:20pm)

Tuesday, July 28th 2015, 11:28pm

Erwyn

Trainee

Your build is troll.
http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc/#!6!133..3.…!ckipgbd/IMYLLI

My current build.

A non astral build isn't ideal. Pyro is our main source of dps but when you don't have Temporal Acel off cooldown you will use destabilizations in your rotation and keep in mind it isn't just the damage that destabilization hits itself but it does a dot. If you aren't forced to move the rotation will be as such, pyro-destab-pyro-pyro-destab ect... you have the time to cast two pyros before the dot fades and just enough time to re-apply it, meaning it's permanently on

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 10:26am

basic construct pve pyro dps without astraldmg suggestion: http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc/#!6!131..31…F!mrcomc/SUBALB
distribute other talents / rubies as you like (more mana conservative? more cc? mor survivability? more support? w/e you like!)

Either troll or I don't know...

• Destab should be part of pretty much any build.
  • R3 Mental Link with rubies? It's not a pvp build. For almost any target-switching R2 Will Suppresion is enough.
  • Insight is something you take if you got like all other damage-increasing rubies and nothing better to do with them.
    A luxury ruby not a staple by any means. Even if you are at that point, Irrational Fear is something you should take first.

Not sure how hard s6/9/12 is on f2p difficulty-wise, but with your build any prolonged movement (happens often in those sectors) and you're completely nullified.

On p2p server if you don't step out of some bad stuff on the ground in time - you die. If fight takes too long because people don't do enough dps - tank gets wounds, he dies then you die. Based on my (biased) experience, I'd suggest taking Shattered Nerves, R2 Shock/Venom, Hypno and Exodus too.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jul 29th 2015, 10:41am)

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 1:50pm

Either troll or I don't know...

• Destab should be part of pretty much any build.
  • R3 Mental Link with rubies? It's not a pvp build. For almost any target-switching R2 Will Suppresion is enough.
  • Insight is something you take if you got like all other damage-increasing rubies and nothing better to do with them.
    A luxury ruby not a staple by any means. Even if you are at that point, Irrational Fear is something you should take first.

Not sure how hard s6/9/12 is on f2p difficulty-wise, but with your build any prolonged movement (happens often in those sectors) and you're completely nullified.

On p2p server if you don't step out of some bad stuff on the ground in time - you die. If fight takes too long because people don't do enough dps - tank gets wounds, he dies then you die. Based on my (biased) experience, I'd suggest taking Shattered Nerves, R2 Shock/Venom, Hypno and Exodus too.

destab is not there because as i wrote its a pvepyro without destab
insight is because i dont like waiting to get the 6 pyrophrenia stacks and ta is not ready sometimes
i run this base with some additonal talents and rubies in astral and it fits my playstlye best, im aware it maybe is possible to do a bit more dps, but with less comfort
as for comfort, i almost never experience onehits, its the opposite, even if i dont follow te bossmechanics and just dps while standing still i almost never get a dead mercenary or die myself
i should also add that i have a perma respec so if i have other needs i can change anyway

since mobs die very fast usually willsuppression takes too much time due to its cd and im one of those who like to link almost every target

if i have to move i use erase memory meanwhile

but anyway, as it said, this was a SUGGESTION showing the CORE for pyro
OP can edit it as he wishes to get the desired result

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 4:42pm

Intre

Trainee

Quoted

but anyway, as it said, this was a SUGGESTION showing the CORE for pyro

Destab is core in any build, if you don't take it, why do you even use insight or even concentration? you won't use them anyway u_u

Quoted

since mobs die very fast usually willsuppression takes too much time due to its cd and im one of those who like to link almost every target

There are other classes to dps in aoe, why do you even bother trying to link any single mob? You're wasting to much time even with the rubies/rank 3 :x

Quoted

as for comfort, i almost never experience onehits, its the opposite, even if i dont follow te bossmechanics and just dps while standing still i almost never get a dead mercenary or die myself

That's because you're going in s1-s4-s7, which are doable alone with enough bloodlust. Try s9, you'll see if you don't get onehit if you don't respect the bossmechanic :x

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 5:26pm

Destab is core in any build, if you don't take it, why do you even use insight or even concentration? you won't use them anyway u_u
in this build its not :P
i use it primary for having a quick start at beginning of battle if im out of pyrophrenia stacks (and for astralbreath / spectral assassin - i did not spec these tings in the CORE build)
There are other classes to dps in aoe, why do you even bother trying to link any single mob? You're wasting to much time even with the rubies/rank 3 :x

not for aoe-mobs but for the medium ones that do not die instant but also are not very long alive
EDIT: and "willsuppression" wont allow me to use "erase memory"
That's because you're going in s1-s4-s7, which are doable alone with enough bloodlust. Try s9, you'll see if you don't get onehit if you don't respect the bossmechanic :x

i tried medium and hard difficulty and i could not gain any pleasure there
even mobs without any mechanic are ridiculosly strong / endurant there so its not worth the effort at all for me :sleeping:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Aug 1st 2015, 12:24am)

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 5:51pm

Intre

Trainee

Quoted

even mobs without any mechanic are ridiculosly strong / endurant there so its not worth the effort at all for me

So basically, you're making a sugestion of build that's aiming for something that you'll most likely do alone (with mercs?). Do you even interact with any other people on this game other than on this forum where you seem to be very activ without giving valid answers most of the time? :x

The effort doesn't exist in s2-s5-s8 even with a crappy party, and you trade 50-70 coins for 1 loot. I wouldn't say s9 is easy, but from now on, having between 4-6 or even more legy, it shouldn't be a problem for anyone with at least a bit of brain...

Quoted

As Dala and I said, it is in any build, yours is just bad, no matter the "confort" or "playstile". Psi wasn't designed to be shit, and you made it become shit...

Thursday, July 30th 2015, 11:27am

ilovejane

Beginner

I recently came back to play Allods and i reached lvl 65. I had the astral build which i used for leveling, but i asked around and they told me Pyro build deals a lot more damage. Can anyone post a descent pyro build? I have 55 rubies and 66 talent points.
If you have 55 and 66 :

http://en.allodswiki.ru/calc/#!6!133..31…QSF!edd/UYHDVUD
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2e9-P6rJZZWYH4YaLdzWGQ - channel - Rated fights - Dominion Champion with the best teams.

Saturday, August 1st 2015, 12:22am

Quoted

even mobs without any mechanic are ridiculosly strong / endurant there so its not worth the effort at all for me

So basically, you're making a sugestion of build that's aiming for something that you'll most likely do alone (with mercs?). Do you even interact with any other people on this game other than on this forum where you seem to be very activ without giving valid answers most of the time? :x
build is aiming for a pyro dps build
one more time, its a suggestion, use it, modify it, discard it, its up to the reader

as for ingame, i prefer to play and not to socialize
i mostly enjoy other players as opponents in BG

i could tell you a long story about my experiences with ppl in this game and why i prefer mercs in 99%, why they fit my needs better etc but thats another story

The effort doesn't exist in s2-s5-s8 even with a crappy party, and you trade 50-70 coins for 1 loot. I wouldn't say s9 is easy, but from now on, having between 4-6 or even more legy, it shouldn't be a problem for anyone with at least a bit of brain...
i rather have a pleasent game and gear slower than otherwise

Quoted

As Dala and I said, it is in any build, yours is just bad, no matter the "confort" or "playstile". Psi wasn't designed to be shit, and you made it become shit...
someone saying something =/= something is becoming something

Saturday, August 1st 2015, 5:54am

I don't know how you're dpsing but pyro is doing 60%+ of my damage.
one - key spammer :sleeping:

if you want some challenge and fun, here is my build :
http://allods.com/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=2515

Saturday, August 1st 2015, 10:10am

Erwyn

Trainee

It's more than one key since it's only 60% of my damage. When it comes to raiding I don't try find the most "fun" build because there's no such thing. I go for the one that does the most maximum dps. Also your PvE build is trash, I wouldn't even recommend it to someone I don't like. Taking r2 destabilization/thoughtful spirit and using choke goes without saying you're the worst psi to ever grace this game and why do you take physic shock r2 instead of r1 astral venom? Did you put any thought into this build at all or it's all based on what's "fun"? You don't even take crit rubies for destab. my life is over.

Saturday, August 1st 2015, 9:51pm

Sry, you spam pyro like a maniac and use concentration for full desta, so 2 keys-spamming for you, but dont need brain when you have rune 12.

For me my main skills are;
pyro is 25% of my average dps
wall of blade 15%
choke 15%
erase memory 15%
desta 15%

cant imagine how boring your gameplay can be if your pyro reach 60 %

i dont take crit rubies for desta because i dont play with killer in pve so these rubies are 50% useless.
And i play with choke so not enought rubies to take all, i am not full cash shop and in a guild who is rushing my rubies raid like some other psios

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Lacrymoza" (Aug 1st 2015, 10:23pm)