You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 3:14am

New Server

So I was thinking, we have one server that is free to play and the other that is a subscription. But why don't we make a new server that you only pay once to enter it? We know that without runes, your character will not have a chance against any other player or any raids. The subscription server fixed this, but not everyone can pay monthly. With this server, there will be no runes like the P2P, but there will still be a cash shop like the F2P one. The main reason I haven't switched over to the P2P server is because I don't want to lose any of my costumes or items from events. I just want to make a copy of myself in a fair server, so a reincarnation to the new server would be great. You can keep all your costumes and items that you bought, and just basically have a copy of your character in the other server.

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 9:37am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

That would also mean no patron 5, no extra rubies and stat points in order to be "fair". Runes are just 1 part - most expensive part. Maybe even the extra earring slot would have to be removed. I can't see the server being profitable enough since they earn most of the cash from runes, pat 5 and all the extra bits that buff your toon stronger. The mostly vanity, mounts and random items boutique probably wouldn't compete with f2p or p2p servers in terms of income and would divide the community further apart.

What would you consider a fair price for 1 time payment? I think it would need to be rather high to cover the lack of other income. Unless Allods suddenly gains massive new interest among new players that would swarm into the new server (meaning tens of thousands) to keep the 1 time payment low. If that happened, it would make both f2p and p2p useless since the new server would have the best of both servers. That would financially hit hard on Allods EN that seems to struggle even now since they can't afford hiring more staff to deal with the massive stacks of support tickets within reasonable time. Of course as a player, I'd like the new server, but we have to think about the game "publishers". No company in their right mind keeps a game online, if it doesn't make any profit or at least cover the costs to keep it online.

Since the game is Russian and their servers are doing fairly well, they have no reason to stop developing more p2w items, which are the major income source of the game. I doubt they have that much interest keeping the EN servers alive for the rest of the world to play, if it meant giving up those items, which your suggestion of the new server basically means. So I doubt this idea will work, no matter how nice it would be for the players.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 2:13pm

if you dont have money or simply do not want to pay for subserver you can still exchange gold for BC; it takes time, this is the price

Wednesday, July 29th 2015, 4:08pm

Make new server for me because i want to reserve my costumes.