You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, March 27th 2014, 8:15am

Dhamp

Professional

• "Dhamp" started this thread

[Guide] How to submit a bug/support ticket

Hi guys!

A lot of people have been having problems with the game, and creating threads on the forums, or tickets about them, but haven't always gone about it in the best way.

I may not work for mail.ru or my.com, but I do work in IT Support, so I thought I'd share the tips and tricks to make everyone's life easier, and get the best and fastest responses to your problems.

Click here to submit a ticket

Step 1: Be nice

Yes, you are annoyed. Everyone's been there, you really want to play, but for some reason, you can't.

It's infuriating.

However, the guys and girls who run the game don't want you to have trouble, and will be doing their best to help you. If you aren't in and spending, you aren't paying their wages!

There's no need to be rude, or aggressive with Support, ever.
At best it will make them miserable, and wont speed your ticket up, at worst, it will slow it down.

Step 2 : Be Patient

Creating multiple tickets is pointless. Don't do it.

All that creating multiple tickets does is increase wait times for everyone, because they have to sift out 5 or 6 duplicates per actual problem.

It may be worth creating both a ticket and forum post - us helpful community types may be able to get you up and running before Support can.

Step 3: Give as much information as possible

Support need to know exactly what the problem you have is.
The more information you give them, the better.

If you are unable to log in, give them the error message, where you are trying to log in, (website, forum, which Launcher, or even in the game itself) and if any of them do let you in.
If you are crashing at a particular point, try another character, and see if it does the same.

The more information that you can give Support, the easier it is for them to pin down the cause of the problem, and the less likely it is that they will need to contact you for more information.

Step 4: Always include an email address

Ok, this only applies to tickets, do not post your email address on the forums.

Yes, your account has an associated email address, but you may not use it, or check it. Putting your email address on the ticket just makes it that bit easier to contact you, and if you don't reply for any reason, they know that it's not because you haven't received the email.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?