You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, August 14th 2015, 6:16pm

Blacksmithing or Weaponsmithing for a Level 22 Paladin?

I know that your class technically doesn't matter when it comes to what profession you choose, but I want to choose a profession that will benefit the class it's for the most.

I'm guessing that I might benefit most from armorsmithing? I dunno. I already have a Summoner who is training to be an alchemist. I probably should have picked up a profession for the paladin sooner, but... *shrugs*

Friday, August 14th 2015, 8:21pm

Nandita

Intermediate

Wait for next Patch. Until then lern Alchemie.

Friday, August 14th 2015, 10:34pm

actually, while leveling for a normal char professions are all worthless
as Nandita said, alchemy is the one who is most profitable, but still, its not really worth (especially if you dont have a materialgathering helper)

Saturday, August 15th 2015, 10:37am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

I recommend blacksmithing for paladin while leveling since you can create better gears than zone reps are (and without grinding the rep points). Most plate gears have stats for warriors and paladins in blacksmithing. Healers will benefit more from rep gears. In weaponsmithing you can only create a weapon, wand, offhand or a shield (two of them you won't use) - 2 items against most gears! Although the weapon and wand are most important, you get good enough weapons and wands from party boss quest rewards in my opinion. If you had more profession slots open, I'd have both professions, but if I had to choose, I always get the gearing profession.

Won't comment what would be best for end game and I don't know well enough about the changes for patch 7 to agree or disagree with others. But you asked about profession while leveling. AO-player mentioned loot pet with material gathering skills and I agree but will say that no profession is easy/good/profitable without the loot pet unless you particularly love running around for hours looking around ores or herbs! The loot pet with manual isn't that expensive and makes your life in Allods so much easier, it's number 1 CS item to have.

Loot pet varies from 500 crystals to 750 crystals and the manual to learn material gathering is 600 crystals = 1100 crystals minimum = 11€ Naturally it depends of your currency and life situation as how expensive you take that amount of money. In my country you get a pizza with soda in same price so for me it's not that big of a sacrifice to make.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Gwiniel" (Aug 15th 2015, 10:46am)