You are not logged in.

Sunday, January 17th 2016, 4:22am

its not an excuse (for what btw? i did not bring up the kickvote and i am also not a friend of it except for the satisfaction of kicking flamers!)
also its not problem for me personally, the only time i have been kicked when i was afk for a long time, i only saw the 5 minutes left of the debuff... so PERSONALLY i could not care less...

so when i bring up the idea of rotating reincarnations its an act of caring to give those, who are affected, an idea on how to evade this situation
beeing agry over bringing up an idea that maybe does not come to the mind of a rookie is just... weird

the behavior we have now was somehow predictable and the only fix would be to remove kicking
(its not like afking in BGs will earn that much gold and also the afkers were equally divided in teams anyway :))

Sunday, January 17th 2016, 4:30am

IAmGroot

Professional

I suppose I should not have raged on you regarding this. Sorry.
I am just simply stating that there is not a fix like that for most people.
Most people, that are trying to gear up, especially those that are new...are focusing on gearing one character or only have one character.
This means that they cannot "simply go to another reincarnation and queue up."
Just frustrated that that this stupid freakin' function is even in the game.
It is beyond abused.
It is almost never used correctly.
It is a horrible function that should never have been implemented.

Sunday, January 17th 2016, 4:40am

apology accepted, this is sure a very emotional topic
It is a horrible function that should never have been implemented.

totally agree
kickvote erects an artificial wall between players whichs leads to (permanent) exclusion of rookies from regular pvp

and its already hard enough for them due to allods beeing a progressive game...

if someone is not WILLING to pvp because of strong enemies its his fault
if someone is WILLING but UNABLE to pvp because beeing permanently excluded its the kickvoting-systems fault....

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jan 17th 2016, 4:46am)

Sunday, January 17th 2016, 10:21am

Aionwen

Professional

kicksystem was implemented to prevent guys from afkleeching as i remember and as it is described in chatwindows when entering BG.

it is fault of this guys afkleeching anyway then and now!

as i said before:
best and only solution would have been to delete chars when they are acknowledged as afkleechers, end of discussion.

by the sake of piece and freedom for all other honest players this should had go the way through the support and never ever through this community were some guys ALWAYS try and will use all mechanics to cheat and troll!
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Sunday, January 17th 2016, 11:32am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

Regarding what Aiowen said about afkers.... another solution could have been that Allods programs an auto-kick from skirmish, if your toon becomes afk, the very instant it happens. Without a minute delay before the auto-kick happens as most skirmishes are rather short what I've understood (10mins?) that deliberate afkers can't move their toon in between and thus become out of afk.

This method will hurt those with sudden afk need for natural reasons but then again, when you engage on a skirmish, you should be fully prepared to take the time it requires without needing to take snacks/use toilet/stretch your body parts while inside the skirmish or have a sudden urge to gossip via whispers with friends :D

Just a thought from a nonpvper :)
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Sunday, January 17th 2016, 1:27pm

Aionwen

Professional

i come more and more to the conclusion that this came is poluted by the plague of freeplayers totally misunderstanding the princip of f2p.
f2p means being free from subscription and not that its a gift.
Guys thinking that 10€ per month for buying items is not in there opportunity are definitly totally wrong in a developing server based game.
in russia u can buy items out of cs for reasonable prices, here we have this s...boxlotterie, dont remember the name...
the interpretation from some guys of the concept of the free part of the game causes all problems and i think devs are reacting slowli but they react with things like temporary items.

the goldtrader causes problems too coz now and then its a business to inflate.
all probs with kicksystem are based on this ecosystem
all probs with faketoons are based on ecosystem
all probs with saboteurs are based on ecosystem

coz winning means always be in an incredible advantage of time and resources, this shifts the motivation of "freeplayers" even to spend little amounts of money into making this game a war and to cheat the hell out of it.

maybe removing goldrewards from BGs would be a solution bounded gold could be a solution too, but as long as items arent exlusively sold for real money nothing will change, to think there would be only two options, subscriptionchains and f2cheat, is the mainfailure in gamedesign, imo.

and no, i dont wanna play subserver, not with this content available, im sry. if i wanna have subscrition i wait for wow2 with flying mounts...
PLS make Tekians playable race. fix shipcanons!

Sunday, January 17th 2016, 11:32pm

the few golds you get from BG are not worth afking as its limited weekly

solution for afkers can be weak mobs like in BFC which wont disturb active playing but kill afk

Monday, January 18th 2016, 2:33pm

i come more and more to the conclusion that this came is poluted by the plague of freeplayers totally misunderstanding the princip of f2p.

Partially good observation. This system indeed draws a lot of freeplayers in, but those players understand this principle very good.

The way f2p server is designed makes it a better choice than the p2p server only for two groups of players:

1) People who want to pay NOTHING. ZERO. Free all the way.

or

2) People who have and are willing to spend significant amounts of money and don't see it as a problem, because they like the advantage it provides. Type of advantage doesn't matter, that is both the people who want to make up for less time spent playing and those who want to make up for being less skilled belong in this group.

For anyone else, p2p server is miles ahead. If you're not in one of those groups and play on the f2p server, do yourself a favor and make a character on the p2p right now, forget about f2p forever.

Group 1) sees every opportunity to get gold as something of paramount importance. They seek to squeeze out every last bit of gold they can, because it's their lifeblood, it's what lets them play and have fun.

Group 2) can have fun right off the bat (theoretically), they paid money for a much better starting position.

A battleground is something entirely different to those two groups. It's a "real" conflict right there.
It is natural that group 2) will rage at group 1) here, because... let's be blunt: group 1) simply wastes group 2)'s time and destroys their fun.

If they removed currency exchange, Group 1) would simply leave entirely making the server less populated and a part of Group 2) would have a good reason to be angry, because they couldn't trade in their abundance of money for time. Best they could do imo is remove symbol of gold from battleground rewards.

People who aren't in either group and still play on the f2p are just victimizing themselves. On the p2p they could be a first-class citizen, but they freewilingly choose to be a beggar or slave.

Monday, January 18th 2016, 9:11pm

Ghost

Trainee

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 9:16am

People who aren't in either group and still play on the f2p are just victimizing themselves. On the p2p they could be a first-class citizen, but they freewilingly choose to be a beggar or slave.
first class citizen of a deserted server...

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 10:05am

Gwiniel

Intermediate

@Dala: You forgot collectors and those who aren't interested in pvp - yes, we are a small group certainly, but have no "direct/heavy" reason to switch over to p2p server.

I.e - Personally: I rather spend some cash to get vanities/mounts than grind months to earn enough for few platinum coins - the drop rate for coins is lousy (if it's anywhere the same in p2p as it is in f2p) compared to the amount needed for vanity items. It always comes down to the fact what each of us can afford compared to what we actually want. For now I get about 65% of what I want, in p2p server I'd get approximately 10% (to get more I'd have to play a lot more than I do and I don't want that...)
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 11:30am

first class citizen of a deserted server...

Point is, if all those victimized people switched over, the server would no longer be deserted.
Walk around Novo or Nezeb during prime time on f2p and count how many people with runes more than 4 but less than 10 and at the same time no "Guardian" or "Warlord" rank are there.

Almost everyone of those would feel better on p2p and with all of them there, the server would be very far from empty.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jan 19th 2016, 11:43am)

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 1:03pm

Point is, if all those victimized people switched over, the server would no longer be deserted.

if they knew they r victimized...perhaps...but they don't know so they won't switch.

why should someone come to a deserted server just for the hopefull thinking that someday it will fill up?

I'm sorry to say, p2p server status won't change dramatically. it had its chance when opened and alot of ppls switched but since then its going down.

Tuesday, January 19th 2016, 6:35pm

if they knew they r victimized...perhaps...but they don't know so they won't switch.

That's why I wrote that post in the first place. To try bringing it to their attention.

I guess a good next step would be logging into f2p on both factions and starting to shout it on /world.

Wednesday, January 20th 2016, 7:37am

Ghost

Trainee

I'm not surprised that the voting system is used this way on the F2P. I can understand both sides. On the one hand, you have a group of players who have dropped hundreds into the cash shop and feel that they are entitled to something, and on the other hand, light cs'ers (or real f2pers) trying to gear up and enjoy the game at their own pace. But whether or not the vote kicking is removed or modified, you're always going to be subjected to these kinds of problems on the F2P. When I played the F2P, before the vote kick system was introduced, players were still toxic as all hell and would trash talk/afk if their team wasn't heavily cs'ed.

The P2P battlegrounds are based on two things only: Gear and game knowledge. Imho, a much better game experience can be had on Smuggler's Paradise for people who can invest $10/mo on a game they enjoy.

Kinda-sorta off topic: I don't understand why people claim that P2P is "deserted" and "not worth playing". Join an established and motivated guild. Smug's promotes guild play, not pugging. Keep this in mind and you'll have zero problems.
Population and skirmish pops of Smug's explodes when new patches come out. Right now a lot of people are waiting on renewing their subscriptions until 7.0 arrives. With the way gearing is done in 7.0, with four "resets" ("seasons"), I feel like there won't be much of a population drop due to boredom. We'll see.

I hope to see new faces on the P2P when 7.0 arrives. ;)

Wednesday, January 20th 2016, 2:09pm

IAmGroot

Professional

who have dropped hundreds into the cash shop and feel that they are entitled to something,
The problem with this is....they're not.
They're the exact same people as the ones getting kicked.
No one is entitled to anything anyone else isn't.
That is why the gaming world is amazing.
Everyone is SUPPOSED to be equal.

Thursday, January 21st 2016, 10:52am

I had recently started to aim for gear as i had just hit level 65 and i am after the blue gear so i can then get glyphs to attach to them to do Skirmishes and proceed with what i have left my second game last night i got kicked but today nearly got kicked but they did not have enough support, it is a annoying thing for us trying to get geared and i understand the higher ones (With better upgrades/glyphs/runes etc) that want a better team and win but if it is 1 person that is low then it should not matter if they can disrupt with fear or heal just a bit or do some sort of damage even if it is dps they are contributing to the match at least even though we may die about five or so times in a match.

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 5:14pm

I had recently started to aim for gear as i had just hit level 65 and i am after the blue gear so i can then get glyphs to attach to them to do Skirmishes and proceed with what i have left my second game last night i got kicked but today nearly got kicked but they did not have enough support, it is a annoying thing for us trying to get geared and i understand the higher ones (With better upgrades/glyphs/runes etc) that want a better team and win but if it is 1 person that is low then it should not matter if they can disrupt with fear or heal just a bit or do some sort of damage even if it is dps they are contributing to the match at least even though we may die about five or so times in a match.
Same thought exactly. One thing is kicking afk ppl, wich is why this was introduced, and that is perfect. Another is kicking for the lulz, or because the person is not geared like you, because, you know, some people, is 100% alone, they are new, and don't know shit, but they do still try to enjoy the endgame. Myself, i started the 27 of december 2015, i am a full f2p player, i got lvl 5 runes, and my stats are acceptable considerating my gs, wich is 44k, i did checked my damage and deaths in the skirmish i was able to stay... and i must say, i am not the lowest in damage, and i am not who dies more, none of the times, but still i get kicked right at start or at middle of it, once they kicked me 2 min before ending, any of those aren't nice, because like that you can't even get to goblinball to actually do something worthy in meantime if you are alone. So yeah, people, grow up and let people enjoy the game too.

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 5:47pm

IAmGroot

Professional

So yeah, people, grow up and let people enjoy the game too.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: