You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, September 9th 2015, 12:32pm

new stat taking determination into account

hello,

any thoughts about the new distrebution of stat now with the new and changed deter system for pvp+pve?

someone tested it?

Wednesday, September 9th 2015, 1:08pm

i came to the conclusion in most cases its best to have max "proficiency" and rest "brutality"

if you only do pve think about "proficiency" and "brutality" 50% - 50%
(but thats not good for pvp for the reason when you hit someone who getting healed 100-90% all the time your brutality is a loss in dps and make it easier for your enemy; also in pvp if someone is below 50% he wont make it much longer anyway usually)

determination is of such seldom usage in total its not worth in most cases
(imagineable exception would be a raidboss for example, without much interruption like moving or w/e)

Wednesday, September 9th 2015, 1:16pm

Intre

Trainee

what the fuck are you advicing people?
Doing 50-50 prof/brut was one of the previous "most" efficient distribution. Now having proficiency is crap.

in pve Put 50% determ 50% brut. You can also do 60%/40% depending on the situation. But putting proficiency when determination is at 100% in 2 attacks with a 1.5 factor when prof only has a 1 factor sucks.

In pvp, it all depends on what class you're playing. Do some test, check your aoumeter. If you have more than 66% average in determination, it's worth putting more pts. if not, lower it. It can also depends on what role you have in a party. if your aim is to only burst, you won't be able to get that 66%. but if you can burst while being able to sustain an amount of dmg, then it might be interesting.
Can't tell you any optimal distribution, you'll have to find out yourself with your class and playstyle.

Wednesday, September 9th 2015, 1:21pm

so any pause for casting ruins the accumulation of deter? I usually cast also if i move.

Is there any meter to value my average deter in pve/pvp (sorry AOP i'm not convinced yet :S ).

Wednesday, September 9th 2015, 1:31pm

in pve Put 50% determ 50% brut. You can also do 60%/40% depending on the situation.

and if you almost never get over 66% better do not use deter at all

ofc if you see you are over 66% almost all the time its fine
but is this the case?
for me not at all, only in perma aoe (pve) or when i hit "onehit" mobs
in all other cases its even below 50% often
(tested with various classes)

so any pause for casting ruins the accumulation of deter?

yes
deter constantly going down and dps/healoutput is the only thing that can keep it up
get one cc and your dmg is in cellar

also, once dmg is down its also hard to go up again the more deter you have, since with almost 0% on deter-meter its a hard start again :wacko:

you can test yourself, look at the determinationdisplay, its under your health / mana / energybar by default

below 66% -> proficiency would be better!
66 % -> equal to prof
overr 66% -> better than prof

the dpsmeteraddon also collects data so it shows your average % of deter

if you play deter keep all burstdmg for a moment where you are over 66%

i tested a lot, for melee classes its easier with deter, but still, in TOTAL determination is not worth in my opinion

Wednesday, September 9th 2015, 1:41pm

Intre

Trainee

Quoted

but is this the case?

for me not at all, only in perma aoe (pve) or when i hit "onehit" mobs

in all other cases its even below 50% often
In pve, there is no class that don't get their determination full with 2-3 attacks. If you don't, then try harder. I'm running 9prof (rubies) 60 deter 60 brut, and i average 94% on an allod, 97% on a raid boss.

For Sway87: Try to find the AOUMETER, it's a dps meter that displays all your hits, the %crit you had, and the average determination you had on a combat/overall. It's pretty nice to have that to see what is the problem if you're failing somewhere.

Wednesday, September 9th 2015, 1:55pm

In pve, there is no class that don't get their determination full with 2-3 attacks

it totally depends on the mobs
in KOE and with other simple mobs it goes like that, but with harder mobs it also gets harder, in astral some mobs us cc and there we are again
not to mention most ppl do not respec everytime they change their activity, so once you go BG you have a problem

those who are most geared / runed profit most from deter since they do the most dmg and this way get high % easiest

Wednesday, September 9th 2015, 2:57pm

ye, I got aoumeter and i'm using it to see damage/heals but didn't know it show my average deter %. thats great.

since i'm healer mostly (even when i got the mood to dps ppls usually looking for healers...) i was wondering if deter gonna average 94%-97% for us healers cause at first we heal abit in most astral and "hard" healing come as the fight go on. I guess it's easy to see from the aoumeter.

another issue is pvp. Intre, are u going with those stat to pvp? or you have 2 sets of glyphs? sounds a nightmare to obtain...

Wednesday, September 9th 2015, 9:17pm

Intre

Trainee

I can't rly tell for healers, i can only tell for dpsers.

For pvp, my class can't rly rely on determination, as i can't maintain my determination above 66%. i only play with profi and bruta.
For the 2 sets of glyphs, i actually use eternal insignias that you get in Ancient Mound (12 man raid) that you loot on the last boss. you get 3/week. As i have 2 or 3 raids in my guild that did it weekly for like 2-3 months, we have them all in guild. If you're on imp side, feel free to ask me, i've got the defensiv one (leggy + epic if they didn't sell yet). But yea, it's almost like i have 2 sets of glyphs.

Thursday, September 10th 2015, 8:58am

If you're on imp side, feel free to ask me, i've got the defensiv one (leggy + epic if they didn't sell yet). But yea, it's almost like i have 2 sets of glyphs.

no, i'm on lig. tho u helped me more then enough ;)