You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, October 15th 2015, 4:21am

Migrating the game to another computer

Hi guys.

So i have reached level 26, and now i need to migrate the game with my level status etc to another computer. How can i go about and do that? Copy the game folders? Reinstall from download files on my HD. or do i have to download the whole thing from the game server and start all over again?? -- now that spins my head around just thinking about such a thing.

Help!

Thanks for any input!

Thursday, October 15th 2015, 4:35am

Hello,

You copy and paste your "Allods Online EN" folder to your new HDD (on your new computer). Then you download the launcher on your new computer from here : http://allods.my.com/en/download
Once installed, you open the launcher settings (the little gear above your login name), and in the "Games and Download" tab, you indicate where is your "Allods Online EN" folder.

By default, you'll find your "Allods Online EN" folder here : C:\MyGames\

You only have the Allods client on your computer and some of your ingame personnal settings. Your character's progression is saved on Allods Online servers.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Thursday, October 15th 2015, 4:39am

or if you dont like / need the new launcher just use the lightweight old one, launcher.exe, located in \Allods Online\bin
everything else has been said :)

Thursday, October 15th 2015, 6:15am

Thanks so much guys for the quick replies _/\_ :) :)

One little question: In the "Open Game" drop-down menu, there's a link to Game Installation folder. Is it necessary to keep that directory on my HD? do i have to copy that folder with the client folder to the Other computer?

Thanks!

Thursday, October 15th 2015, 6:43am

if you click on the gear in the right upper corner under the tab "game and downloads" you can select whatever directory you want, so it must not be the same directoy as on your other PC

and as Gladia said, once you installed the laucher on the other PC you can "tell" it where you have placed the copy of the game so it recognizes it; this way it wont download again

Thursday, October 15th 2015, 12:04pm

Thanks, Yes i understand that. But what i'm asking about the dir called "Game installation files folder", which is located at "...\MyGames\Distrib\packages\allodsen". Do i need that one too?

Thursday, October 15th 2015, 4:52pm

Hello,

No need to copy this folder, you can even delete it (delete installation files). It's not usefull once your game is installed, unless you have a very bad connection, and want to install the game again later.

On your new computer, if you let the launcher on your "C" drive by default, it will recreate this "Game installation files" automatically at the same place (C:\MyGames\Distrib etc.)
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Thursday, October 15th 2015, 5:33pm

Ok thanks Gladia! I'll try it out and contact you guys if anything goes wrong. Thanks again for the quick replies! :)