You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 6:12am

Intre

Trainee

• "Intre" started this thread

[Poll]Crossed servers PVP with RU ?

Would you want a "merge" with the russians?

A total of 57 Votes have been submitted.

60%

Yes (34)

33%

No (19)

7%

No opinion (4)

Hi,

I came here to talk to you about a possible "merge" with the russians.

At the moment, the European server is less and less populated. 3
Guilds are able to form a Ferris raid (at least for the 1st 3wings, dunno where Minc and Warsong are atm). Dominions are less and less competitiv, even though some week brings its own suprises, the ranking at the top stays the same week after week.

The recent new pvp content (ranked 3v3 et 6v6) are empty. I personnally lost players that quitted cause there is litterally no spawn once you reach 1k5-1k8, and that's only when you find matches to actually reach these numbers...

This is why i thought about a possible "merge" with the russians. We would keep our server, go straight to 7.0 with them to catch up in terms of patch (and start over so we are all at the same lvl), and we would have access to all the interserver events such as pvp tournaments, cross server dominion/skirmishes and 3v3/6v6...
For the translation issue, why not slow down the patch deliveries by 2-3 weeks, even maybe letting only russian and english at the beggining and unlock other languages later on? The translation work doesn't take that long if the team doing it is well organised with the actual devs.

What do you think about it?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Nov 20th 2015, 5:41pm) with the following reason: title

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 8:32am

PinkiePie

Beginner

A merge with the russian server? This destroying New Frontier complete...
7.0 is the last patch for this server and the last chance for this community.
But, the question is, why leaving so many players AO?

- too hard to get level 65?

- is the surivial quest in the tik tak cave too difficult for newcomers with (2.1.1.1.1.1) and M4?

- too much flirting and toonsex ingame?

- arrogant and bad players?

*RIP in Peace (2009 - 2015)*

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 8:42am

I can guarantee that such merge will never happen due to technical and economical reasons.

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 8:44am

Frakkerz

Trainee

No thanks, not yet anyway. Maybe when server is truly "dead". When we go to steam, hopefully these problems will be fixed, and likewise, if we merge with russian server, a lot of players would be put of by the predominantly russian populated game for the same reasons we don't play japanese populated games. Currently the server is populated mainly with english, german and french which have quite similar languages. Imagine an arabian player who cant write in any of those languages come to play, he is isolated to his own small group unless he has a friend who can translate. Russians playerbase is probably 14:1 (based on 7 highly populated servers) of ours and lets say for example english speaking players represent 1/3 of our server. that is 42 russians to 1 english player and i don't know cyrillic... do you?

We would essentially be the same server just inside a bigger server.

And btw.

PvP content such as 3v3 is based on your rating. the matchmaker takes the sum of your teams rating and divides it by how many players i.e 3. (Average Rating) and then searches for opponents that have an average of upper 500 or lower 500 of yours. Naturally 1.5k to 1.8k would be empty as you can only get matched with 1k+... merging with russian server doesn't fix this. You can look at this site to see highest ranked players on russian server and they only get to about 2.2k

https://allods.mail.ru/ratings/#/alley/3x3/

We need this site ^ for our server please :D

Just my thoughts ~ GliTchY

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 9:11am

Intre

Trainee

- too hard to get level 65?

- is the surivial quest in the tik tak cave too difficult for newcomers with (2.1.1.1.1.1) and M4?

- too much flirting and toonsex ingame?

- arrogant and bad players?

*RIP in Peace (2009 - 2015)*
1)It is not too hard to get your toon to lvl 65. If you find it hard, then you suck, and that's a totally different problem.

2)The survival quest in tikarik isn't hardfor newcomer. Several people have been posting about that on the forum and the answer was the same for all of them: get more lvl, get more gear, come back and clean it up. If you still don't achieve that-->go back to 1st argument.

3) wtf?

4)There are no answer to that complain. If you want to change the "arrogant" players, you'd have to make the respect you. As far as i can tell, the bad players, those tht don't even try to improve (and they're everywhre, not only on small guilds, there are a lot in ASC, Minc or Warsong) do not get respect out of me. There are some people that actually try, i've seen some people asking me for advices, sending me their builds to ask what cold possibly be wrong. Those player actually deserve respect. The others deserve the so called arrogance.

Quoted

No thanks, not yet anyway. Maybe when server is truly "dead". When we go
to steam, hopefully these problems will be fixed, and likewise, if we
merge with russian server, a lot of players would be put of by the
predominantly russian populated game for the same reasons we don't play
japanese populated games. Currently the server is populated mainly with
english, german and french which have quite similar languages. Imagine
an arabian player who cant write in any of those languages come to play,
he is isolated to his own small group unless he has a friend who can
translate. Russians playerbase is probably 14:1 (based on 7 highly
populated servers) of ours and lets say for example english speaking
players represent 1/3 of our server. that is 42 russians to 1 english
player and i don't know cyrillic... do you?

We would essentially be the same server just inside a bigger server.

I didn't say that i want a proper merge as we had in the past with the european servers, turkish, italian, arabic and NA. I'm talking about being integrated into all the possible event that the russian currently have cross server activities.

That wouldn't change a single thing on the actual server. You'd still talk english/german/french/turkish/whatever and still wouldn't understand shit anyway. However you'd be able to actually do some pvp, thing that disappeared long ago..

Quoted

And btw.

PvP content such as 3v3 is based on your rating. the matchmaker takes
the sum of your teams rating and divides it by how many players i.e 3.
(Average Rating) and then searches for opponents that have an average of
upper 500 or lower 500 of yours. Naturally 1.5k to 1.8k would be empty
as you can only get matched with 1k+... merging with russian server
doesn't fix this. You can look at this site to see highest ranked
players on russian server and they only get to about 2.2k

I am aware of the system that is used for rankings. What i'm saying is that the population isn't big enough for this pvp to actually exist.

I'm gonna take a well known example: World of Warcraft. On this game, ranked fights (2v2, 3v3 ect...) spawn instant, no matter your ranking. So you'll tell: "sure, they have millions of players, not that hard". And you'll be right. So why not link us to the russian to actually make us able to benefit from the actual content this game has to offer? Right now I'm barely taking time to do my keys. it takes me 30 min to do 2keys/day. I usually do 2h raid a week to clean Ferris, 2hdominion on sunday when i'm here, and raid dominion when we have fights. I also force myself to do June Catacombs to get some turrets that can be usefull in some PvE content, but it takes me 20-30min. Apart from that, Skirmishes are useless to me: Fighting against low geared low runes people isn't interesting. I was happy to learn that we would have some rankings for pvp, it would make all the free time we have on this game intersting. Sadly it doesn't spawn.

Quoted

I can guarantee that such merge will never happen due to technical and economical reasons.
I don't see any technical issue. The only thing that could be a problem is translation, but that wouldn't be one if they had a competent team to do them. For the economical reasons, i don't see it as a problem. The European server isn't as worth as it may sound. I don't see it lasting much more with the current population as it would be a loss of money to maintain that server. My opinion tho, as i don't have their numbers.

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 10:58am

They could just merge account bases and not actual servers. That would improve the situation greatly.

You probably are not aware (because there's only one server of each type in this version) that Allods has cross-server battlegrounds (and arenas too) working for a long time now.

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 3:28pm

would like a merge^^ dont see a problem with the language barrier actually cuz i can still play with my guild like i do atm and just beat up the russians and for this i dont need to read cryllic text^^ also i think there is a good chance some russians can write/talk englisch too ;)

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 3:44pm

bc exchange would go up drastically with so much more players
i dont want a merge
in other aspects i dont care, i think we have enough players here

and i still dont undestand we have 3vs3 6vs6 but NO 1 vs 1.... this would pop always and make so many players happy

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 5:08pm

From technical standpoint it won't be difficult.
But the main reason is - Europe and Russia are 2 different worlds

By the way, are you ready for new economic - I verified the crystal rate, it is 3kg per crystal. Do you like this?

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 6:32pm

IAmGroot

Professional

By the way, are you ready for new economic - I verified the crystal rate, it is 3kg per crystal. Do you like this?
I'm sure a USD or Euro would go much further than a than a ruble or whatever their currency is over there so you'd likely get like 5000 crystals for every $10 you spend. (I picked a completely random ratio as an example, I did not look it up, don't crucify me.)

Also, my answer regarding the merge is yes it would be great to have more than 10 players on each server...but no, the Russians are crazy.

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 6:47pm

Imho merge is imposible in the current state of the game and differences between RU and EN servers. But putting EN server at the same platform(Steam :D) with other servers and making cross-server PvP is definitely possible, and highly propable.
Also, my answer regarding the merge is yes it would be great to have more than 10 players on each server...but no, the Russians are crazy.
What if they think that others are crazy? Who can judge who's right? :P
Muriel - Avarice - Smugglers Paradise - League
http://avariceao.shivtr.com/

Thursday, November 19th 2015, 10:25pm

Intre

Trainee

Quoted

and i still dont undestand we have 3vs3 6vs6 but NO 1 vs 1.... this would pop always and make so many players happy
The balance in this game is not on point. Making a 1vs1 would just highlight that fact.

Quoted

They could just merge account bases and not actual servers. That would improve the situation greatly.

You probably are not aware (because there's only one server of each type
in this version) that Allods has cross-server battlegrounds (and arenas
too) working for a long time now.
That's what i was talking about, probably didn't say it right :(

Friday, November 20th 2015, 2:40am

you think merge is a good thing ? , cuz i don't think so ...
i'am an merged arab player from the arabic server and i wish our server did not merge for lots of reasons ....
you may find it fancy and sparkling idea to merge to a well populated server ... but you need to see the whole thing not the thing that you wan't , i think basically the reason of this game fail is turning to ultimately pay to win ... patch by patch they keep doing this ... for example ; if i break my ship back in old patch there is a mission that will appear when i start fixing the ship , can speed up the ship repair , well this mission is history now same story for the 3 certificates of the traders and demon hunters and historians ... each of these 3 would speed up the ship building by 10 day , now you can only speed it up by buying the one at the boutique meh ... so people would buy it they deleted the ones i mentioned earlier , most of people in the game are non-topuppers so the game keep extending the gap between top uppers and the non-top uppers people will leave the game surely , they can go to private serves of find others games , but like they care about the players , all they care about is the money as long as they get money its okay with them , you see this server is not only the english server it has people merged from the brazilian,turkish,arabic,french server ... same scenario for all these servers merge is not going to solve any thing lots of people will leave the game , lots will be crushed and scattered by the Russians if you want to fix the population problem you need to attract more people you will succeed that by narrowing the gap between top uppers and non-top uppers that's for sure , or at least that's what i think ... don't try to do things that you will regret later ...
have a good day :)
Titanium
Scout/League/F2P

Bring It On! Cuz I'm Just Gonna Grow Up In The Battle HEY !!

Timed Artifacts: The hidden value
Blanks In Chat?

Friday, November 20th 2015, 4:56am

@expanding gap topup-players / free players:

actually the gap is closing,

- new items like weapon-vanity (+1 luck+nonpermanent, ridiculous)
- consumable items like coremorpher (couponauctions also biiiig goldsink as we see every week)
- items that cost a lot but dont offer anything really new (goblincertificate, handy but no real advantage)
- new items are often only non-permanent things (spec of light,weaponskin,classchange, new carnifex teal....)
- new items offer only very very small boni, almost meaningless (rank3 martyr-skills!)
- there shall be no more superior combatmounts (and the great pegasus is cheap available prmanently in shop!) etc etc..

so superiority is capped pretty much and those who farm active can catch up for free quite well... its just a question of willpower

Friday, November 20th 2015, 7:08am

I started this game today... so sad to read this... the server is dead.

Friday, November 20th 2015, 7:21am

Intre

Trainee

Quoted

I started this game today... so sad to read this... the server is dead.
Bullshit, you don't play the game. You wouldn't say that.

Quoted

you think merge is a good thing ? , cuz i don't think so ...

i'am an merged arab player from the arabic server and i wish our server did not merge for lots of reasons ....

you may find it fancy and sparkling idea to merge to a well populated
server ... but you need to see the whole thing not the thing that you
wan't , i think basically the reason of this game fail is turning to
ultimately pay to win ... patch by patch they keep doing this ... for
example ; if i break my ship back in old patch there is a mission that
will appear when i start fixing the ship , can speed up the ship repair ,
well this mission is history now same story for the 3 certificates of
the traders and demon hunters and historians ... each of these 3 would
speed up the ship building by 10 day , now you can only speed it up by
buying the one at the boutique meh ... so people would buy it they
deleted the ones i mentioned earlier , most of people in the game are
non-topuppers so the game keep extending the gap between top uppers and
the non-top uppers people will leave the game surely , they can go to
private serves of find others games , but like they care about the
players , all they care about is the money as long as they get money its
okay with them , you see this server is not only the english server it
has people merged from the brazilian,turkish,arabic,french server ...
same scenario for all these servers merge is not going to solve any
thing lots of people will leave the game , lots will be crushed and
scattered by the Russians if you want to fix the population problem you
need to attract more people you will succeed that by narrowing the gap
between top uppers and non-top uppers that's for sure , or at least
that's what i think ... don't try to do things that you will regret
later ...

have a good day :)
I'm not asking for a proper merge as we saw in the past, but you didn't know as you didn't read the post, all you saw was the words "merge" and "russian".
Something you don't seem to be aware of is that if all the servers didn't merge, none of us would play allods anymore, as there would be no server at all.

Quoted

@expanding gap topup-players / free players:

actually the gap is closing,

- new items like weapon-vanity (+1 luck+nonpermanent, ridiculous)

- consumable items like coremorpher (couponauctions also biiiig goldsink as we see every week)

- items that cost a lot but dont offer anything really new (goblincertificate, handy but no real advantage)

- new items are often only non-permanent things (spec of light,weaponskin,classchange, new carnifex teal....)

- new items offer only very very small boni, almost meaningless (rank3 martyr-skills!)

- there shall be no more superior combatmounts (and the great pegasus is cheap available prmanently in shop!) etc etc..

so superiority is capped pretty much and those who farm active can catch
up for free quite well... its just a question of willpower
If the players of allod had the willpower to farm, we would know by now. All they seem to care about is complain about all the cash they would need to use to get the items instead of farming for them...

Friday, November 20th 2015, 10:18am

I will tell you why this game will always fail being "worldwide":

Dominion

And that's why merging servers won't solve the problem.
When you need scheduled events to progress in game, and you can't attend them cause they will be at some absurd time, you will quit the game.
Most NA players quitted with EU merge. Guess why.

Avo.

Friday, November 20th 2015, 11:23am

that would be a lame excuse to quit the game.
btw sunday dominion is for most of the americas at around noon or early afternoon. that is not really an absurd time, that is not at 4 a.m. or something like that.

Friday, November 20th 2015, 11:28am

that would be a lame excuse to quit the game.
btw sunday dominion is for most of the americas at around noon or early afternoon. that is not really an absurd time, that is not at 4 a.m. or something like that.
what about wednesday dominion? if merged server?
Guess what, some players really have a day job!

Avo.

Friday, November 20th 2015, 12:51pm

Intre

Trainee

Can't you guys read what this post is about? We don't want our server to merge with the russian completly, we want to be able to participate to the cross server events such as 3v3 6v6 skirmishes and some pvp tournaments. It was never said anywhere that we wanted a staight up merge like they did with NA and all the european servers +Turkey/arabic