You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 12:05pm

PvP is horrible when just hit Lvl Cap

Please, for the love of everthing, make PvP more accesible for the people who have just reached Lvl 65 and have bought a full set of Purple gear. I have purple gear, and some uprgaded pieces with glyphs and all, but I still get 1 shot by almost everyone whilst doing about 50 damage myself... It's annoying and unnecessary to have such a large gap between the Teirs of gear. And it would have possibly been fine if upgrading gear wasn't such a fucking chore. The upgrading system in this game is damnright insulting: You have to do the same thing over and over and over and over and over again! I can endure grinding, but this is just rediculous!
What do you need for upgrading? Amalgam. What's the best way to get amalgam now? PvP that's right. Is PvP fun? Hell no... not when I get 1 shot every time I get to the action.
I know this might come across as whiny, but I've played the game for a long time now (since two weeks after release) and I just keep quitting because the upgrading system is so ballacks, and PvP is f*cked. I want to keep playing, surely, but this has to be addressed. I love Allods, I want to keep playing, but give people with less insane gear a chance...

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 1:23pm

What do you need for upgrading? Amalgam. What's the best way to get amalgam now? PvP that's right.

Here's where you're wrong. PvP is only a good way if you are already geared. If not, you farm something else that you can sell to negotiants, then sell it and buy amalgam with the coins you get.

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 1:31pm

freestile

Professional

The upgrading system in this game is damnright insulting: You have to do the same thing over and over and over and over and over again! I can endure grinding, but this is just rediculous!
What do you need for upgrading? Amalgam. What's the best way to get amalgam now? PvP that's right. Is PvP fun? Hell no...

finally someone who has the same opinion as me! :thumbup: the gear systeme is allods' n:1 problem because of what you've just said; i really hope the 7.0 one will be better.
But with 6.3 patch the gap between the different players in bg's is way shorter...

to me, the 6.0 patch is divided like this : 6.0 to 6.1 = low gear gap = fun / 6.1 to 6.2 = higher gear gap but you can still enjoy / 6.2 to 6.3 = very high gear gp + this fucking gear system = nearly impossible to pvp properly / 6.3 to 7.0 = lower gear gap thx to the stat upgrade during bg's = you can pvp again

==> conclusion = you can enjoy pvp for the 3/4 of the year = no need to gear up to pvp = this gear system is definitly useless :thumbdown:

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 1:42pm

to me, the 6.0 patch is divided like this : 6.0 to 6.1 = low gear gap = fun / 6.1 to 6.2 = higher gear gap but you can still enjoy / 6.2 to 6.3 = very high gear gp + this fucking gear system = nearly impossible to pvp properly / 6.3 to 7.0 = lower gear gap thx to the stat upgrade during bg's = you can pvp again

==> conclusion = you can enjoy pvp for the 3/4 of the year = no need to gear up to pvp = this gear system is definitly useless :thumbdown:

I believe it boosts you to epic gear levels in BGs currently - which means most of fresh players will be still effortlessly pooped on by fabled gears and heavy cash shop users/old players.

Might get slightly better with 7.0, but I doubt we'll see enormous differences in that sense. The whole game is pretty much built around gear-based progress - which probably scares away most of the customers.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 3:52pm

dont rrly understand why ppl have so much problems with gearing? O.o i mean lol compared to back then its super mega easy^^ you can INFINITLY!!! drive lower astral sektors... like dala said getting amalgams from bgs is not rrly effektive (not even for high geared players actually) do some farming in low astral (helper hand buff for small hearts) or farming in wild shore and you get a shitload of currency which you can switch in amalgam... you may not get full fable in a few days like this but full legend is already able to hold their gound against the full fable ppl (ofc you will be a bit weaker but in no way a oneshot and with a bit of skill you can even win^^)

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 4:36pm

Nandita

Intermediate

dont rrly understand why ppl have so much problems with gearing? O.o i mean lol compared to back then its super mega easy^^ you can INFINITLY!!! drive lower astral sektors... like dala said getting amalgams from bgs is not rrly effektive (not even for high geared players actually) do some farming in low astral (helper hand buff for small hearts) or farming in wild shore and you get a shitload of currency which you can switch in amalgam... you may not get full fable in a few days like this but full legend is already able to hold their gound against the full fable ppl (ofc you will be a bit weaker but in no way a oneshot and with a bit of skill you can even win^^)

100% agree (You have now a Buff in Battlegrounds which supports you with full epic Equip and Glyphs (you only see the Buff not the Equip))
With my Full Heal Inkar I have absolut no Problem in BGs.

Since leveling is not a challenge anymore only equip farming is. And this is good, because when there is no challenge anymore everyone would stop playing. :P

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 5:05pm

Since leveling is not a challenge anymore only equip farming is. And this is good, because when there is no challenge anymore everyone would stop playing. :P

I feel like your definition of challenge is a bit off. Leveling was never really challenging, just as farming coins, amalgams and gold isn't either. It's simply an unnecessarily long and tedious process.

If it was challenging, most of people would be fine with it, I'd guess. But as it is now, the whole gearing progress currently is just a low effort time sink, until the newer patches roll out.
Stargazer - P2P League
Hiren - P2P Empire

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 5:38pm

freestile

Professional

the main problem with gear system is that it is just pure boring farming, i really don't get where is the fun (and if there's no fun while playing, ther's a huge pb...) in doing the same thing again and again and again and again; just to upgrade a gear that will become useless within a few months...; i mean, when i invest a lot of time IG, i want to get something that lasts forever (cs items for exemple)
to me a gear is just as a non-permanent cs item (the new silly trend in this game -_-) so there is absolutely no point in farming it...

And to those who'd like to answer me :

-"ok but without good gear you can't finish the new annual raid"
==> just consider that this is next year raid (as the difficulty is too high for the average player anyway; i don't even know if 1/10 of the players have already clear a whole raid the same year as its releasing :thumbdown: )

-"ok but you can't be succed in dominions without gear"
==> what do you get with dominions : realgar; what do you do with realgar : gear upgrades ==> useless (see above)

there are tons of great thing in this game and there are tons of things that suck or could be better; the gear system is certainly the first one in this list imo; i'm sad to see that the majority is far from being by my side, so that we can't complain all together to put pressure on the dev's for them to change this freaking gear system ;(

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 6:01pm

yeah but isnt this the point of an mmo? you get stuff which makes you stronger than others^^ and remembering the last seasons when ppl reach max gear they quit the game^^ so change the gear system to one where you get the max gear instantly and many ppl will stop playing :D

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 6:57pm

freestile

Professional

i don't want them to make the gearing process being faster, just to make it fun(ier) and usefull in the long run (one year isn't enought at all)

or maybe they could create a new progression system at max lvl, because personnaly i see the current gear race system as a "we don't have any new interesting thing to propose, so we're gonna make you waste your time with this boring gear system"... :thumbdown:

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 7:05pm

yeah but isnt this the point of an mmo? you get stuff which makes you stronger than others^^ and remembering the last seasons when ppl reach max gear they quit the game^^ so change the gear system to one where you get the max gear instantly and many ppl will stop playing :D
I understand your point, and I agree to a certain extend. The main problem that I have is that when you finally reach lvl 65 and want to experience PvP, you can't, because you would get absolutely pooped on by people with insane gear. Now, this would be fine if it did not take ages to get to the point where you can say: 'Right, now my gear is on the level where I can make a difference in PvP,' which is epic - fabled.
As I stated: I have no problem with grinding, but having to do the same thing over and over again just to be able to enjoy the end-game content just seems a bit silly to me. I feel like especially in an MMO the PvP aspects should be properly accessible from the moment you reach the lvl cap.

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 7:34pm

well then 6.3 is just the patch for you :D

Quoted

my gear is on the level where I can make a difference in PvP,' which is epic - fabled

this patch your gear will be set to minimum full epic without you doing anything at all^^

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 7:56pm

this topic is incredibly hard...

if you make gearing "too easy" some ppl get bored
if you make it "too hard" same, some ppl give up / dont even try

becoming superior through gear is great as this is a progressive game
those who get punished are the ones who werent on board right from the beginning, but thats the nature of a progressive game
in the last time however many has been done for those who want to catch up, things have become easier, mercs free etc etc
this brings up the question; is it rally a good idea to put in effort at the beginning when you know after some time it gets easier & cheaper anyway?
or better put that effort in things like runes which will benefit you forever without any questions (in total gearing is very very expensive as almost everyone knows)

actually, the only thing which is preventing players from FULLY catching up is that you can do the teal enchantingQ only once a week and maybe a slight deficit in astralkeys, depending when have reached max level

everything else is ONLY limited by playtime, you can go to full orange gear & glyphs by just doing timevoid; mercs are free
teal gear is also no problem, S10 mercs are free too!
this is boring? you dislike grinding? thats another topic, but its possbile for those who WANT

i also think that the gearingsystem is not working properly
from my POV the best we had was with level 60, where you could solofarm wild shore for like 30 min and skip the astralthing completely, just trade in keys
no enchanting, finish

as for OP:
i you have low gear try to spec on CC support etc, maybe you like it these can still be done well
or get some GS-addon and check for weak/equal enemies in BG and focus these (try to seperate them from grp), be creative :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Nov 28th 2015, 8:04pm)

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 8:21pm

Is this the new trend around here lol?!
Speaking for the whole community thinking everyone is the same like you?! Wake up Bluescarlet!

Many people would stop playing if upgrading gear is easy and fast., I wouldn't stop at all! I would even be enjoying it! That your kind would stop playing because of that reason, I can imagine. But we aren't cut by the same tailor Scarley! You should learn to speak up for yourself and NOT for the others! Same message go's for those who speaks for the whole community thinking they can read everybody's minds or that they assume we all think the same.

I totally agree with the topic starter that the gear system should be changed into a more accessible and easy way. With that I mean that even ONE person can upgrade his/her gear without depending of others or without having to grind his/her sweet behind off.The most people I know are still with questions about how to upgrade their gear. And its also difficult (nearly impossible) to find a GOOD guide that would explain how to do it and how to obtain the materials that you need for upgrading your gear! So it would be nice if they update the game guide to a more understandable one.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Mortilion" (Nov 28th 2015, 9:09pm)

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 8:37pm

actually, the only thing which is preventing players from FULLY catching up is that you can do the teal enchantingQ only once a week

Serious players shouldn't even care about this quest, it's a failsafe to not completely waste what you get from unsuccessful s12 runs, although I can hardly imagine how does one fail an astral run with patronage 5... oh and potent elixirs... and more defensive stats from conclave. It's not too hard even with none of those things (p2p).

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 8:51pm

i can only say that i play for many years allods now and in each game i play i always upgrade my gear to the highest i can..in allods i buy my gear purple and thats it!..cause for me its way to difficult to understand how it works..and i would gladly grind and make efforts..but its just too difficult to understand or keep it in mind for me how it all works (wich in other games i never had problems with this matter)...besides i like to play mostly alone so when i reach the top i know i did it all by myself..but it seems impossible in this game..most things seems to require help from others..the other thing is..i surelly wouldnt get bored if my gear is all pimped up..allods is a very enjoyable game..even if ur on the top with everything done..i cant get enough of it..and i surelly wont leave this game.

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 10:26pm

actually, the only thing which is preventing players from FULLY catching up is that you can do the teal enchantingQ only once a week

Serious players shouldn't even care about this quest, it's a failsafe to not completely waste what you get from unsuccessful s12 runs, although I can hardly imagine how does one fail an astral run with patronage 5... oh and potent elixirs... and more defensive stats from conclave. It's not too hard even with none of those things (p2p).

for a proper party its not hard to do s12 for sure, especially, as you say, with all the improvements... for mercs however it is (even with boost-potion)
mercs DO profit from runes, but not enough to kill even one strong mob
so if you decide you want to do your gearing without a human party you get in trouble here, ending up with the result you can enchant most likely only 3 or 4 items and then patch 7.0 comes

With that I mean that even ONE person can upgrade his/her gear without depending of others or without having to grind his/her sweet behind off

i 100% agree here
beeing dependent on random ppl from the internet is always a bad thing

Saturday, November 28th 2015, 10:48pm

freestile

Professional

Zitat von »Mortilion«
With that I mean that even ONE person can upgrade his/her gear without depending of others or without having to grind his/her sweet behind off

i 100% agree here
beeing dependent on random ppl from the internet is always a bad thing

-100% i fully disagree here^^ the aim of an mmo (MULTIPLAYER) is to play with others, if you don't want to play with others then why don't you play a classic rpg ?(
to me, a MMO has to be a little bit elitist (cause if everybody can succeed easily, there's no achievement feeling and so a big part of the pleasure is gone), so i really don't understand why the trend in the "mmo's world" is now to make "fast food mmo" in which you can solo everything and go around all the end game content in 2 weeks.
Well i know that guys from marketing want to make the game accessible to everybody to get a bigger playerbase and so more money, but this logic shouldn't be applyed to an elitist type of game as an mmo :thumbdown: (my opinion...)

Sunday, November 29th 2015, 12:55am

dont rrly understand why ppl have so much problems with gearing? O.o i mean lol compared to back then its super mega easy^^

do you play since when? back in the day it was a lot easier to gear up: there were no glyphs, we could use more than 1 amalgam/realgar for each upgrade, and the equipment could "critical hit" to the next rarity before reaching 100%

Sunday, November 29th 2015, 1:43am

Pochtron

Intermediate

dont rrly understand why ppl have so much problems with gearing? O.o i mean lol compared to back then its super mega easy^^

do you play since when? back in the day it was a lot easier to gear up: there were no glyphs, we could use more than 1 amalgam/realgar for each upgrade, and the equipment could "critical hit" to the next rarity before reaching 100%

I'm playing for 3 years now. In every patch i went for the best possible gear so i went over the reset from ff52, ff56 and fabled 60. And i will prolly survive the fabled 65 with max gear too.

I'm not a heavy cash shopper (lvl 8 runes and miss all the high-end CS stuff) nor a pvp enthusiast, though I just never ever had troubles with gold or amalgam. And no i'm not farming stuff like a robot (i'm actually boycotting vivarium coz it's just silly, and went wild shore as less as i could previous patch coz killing mindless mobs that spawn faster than a pack of rabbits is not my kind of stuff). There are so many alternative ways to get money in Allods, you don't have to stick to 1 kind of thing to get enough gold for your upgrades.

As for gearing up or not - we all started this 6.0 patch with pretty much the same crap. Crafted epics was the way to go at start, or fabled from previous patch for the ones who had it. But once you hit epic astral it just beat everything else so that was the way to go.

So like many others, i geared up from green to blue to epic to leggy and now to fabled. Making glyphs along the way. Like i did in every other patch - and enjoying the astral fun along the way.
I understand it may be difficult for people who join now (late-end patch) to catch up, but people who were there from the start have absolutely no excuse to not have geared up like others : gearing was easy as shit and even boring for most, I posted a guide on how to do it the easy way long ago. I think Gladia even stickied it.

Every patch it's always the same whine from people who did not gear that they can't pvp, don't find parties for astral/maze/mos, can't complete end-game stuff. I'm sorry again, we all started on the same level when patch came, why are some able to gear and others don't ? Just know your class well enough, understand astral buffs and boss mechanics, learn how to play with a group, and you'll get there too. It takes a bit of time and effort, but nothing comes for free.

I just wonder if the people who complain here will be the same ones complaining end season in 7.0, finding every other excuse for not being able to gear up and keep up with others. Guess time will tell.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pochtron" (Nov 29th 2015, 1:51am)