Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Allods Online Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

wcf.global.timeFormatLocalized

Why is the dragon mount so bad? Any fixes planned for mounts?

A friend of mine recently gave me a bunch of crystals as a gift in order to let me get a mount of my own. It was a really nice gesture, and meant to be an early Christmas gift. I was really happy, and after looking through the stats and movement speeds and such, chose a dragon mount as the one I'd use. After using it for a bit, I was hoping I was only maybe handling it wrong, but soon learned the horrible truth.

Dragon mounts are HORRIBLE. Let me run down the problems with it, and what I see being the problem with ALL mounts in general. Understand that if the mount hadn't been the second or third most expensive mount in the boutique, I might not care nearly as much, but I basically squandered my Christmas gift on this, so it irks me to no end that it's so bad.

PATHING.
I think anyone who's ever owned a mount knows this pain. Hit the little tracking ball, and find yourself stuck in a ravine. Or under a tree branch or root. Or against a rock. Or basically anywhere. This is a really serious thing that needs to be corrected somehow, since why ask people to pay for a mount that is then going to essentially lead them nowhere or worse, trap them in a corner or other ridiculous place? Shouldn't the pathing at LEAST be set up to AVOID these areas, or maybe a test server get set up where players can help identify these "bad spots" so the pathing won't run you into them?

FLYING.
..... WHAT flying?

My mount, when I press the "fly" button, will fly forward as the skill says it will.... ONLY if it's on level, smooth ground with nothing on the ground in front of it. I've had instances where I've fallen in a river by simply trying to glide over it while the ground was level... because the edge of the river is slightly uneven. You can't STEER while flying for some reason, which means if you use flight to dodge an attack, you run into a tree or rock or cliff... and then get attacked anyway. Try to glide upwards, say to crest a hill or something? Smash directly into the hillside, even if it's only a slight slope (more on this later).

Flight is broken, and needs to be fixed to WORK like flight... or be removed, and a discount applied to the cost of the mount. I only bought this mount because of it's features and appearance. If the features don't work, I wouldn't have gotten the mount. Instead I would have bought a cheaper mount, and for the cost of the dragon, gotten it's alternate skin AND some food for as well.

GROUND MOVEMENT FOR WINGED MOUNTS.
Why would a winged creature not be more able to climb a hill than a completely ground-bound one? Wouldn't it be able to use it's wings to help lift it up a hill? I'm not even talking really steep hills or even KINDA steep hills. Just hills in general. You can fall DOWN these hills, so shouldn't winged mounts be able to run up them with the aid of their wings?

Again this comes to pricing issues for me. If you're going to ask for more than twice the cost of a lesser mount without wings for one WITH wings, you need to make the mount worth the cost. Otherwise, the cost needs to be lowered to match it's abilities (unless it's a limited edition or something). I believe ALL mounts should be able to run up hills easier than people on foot, simply because that's what they're for. Also, keep in mind that when autopathing, mounts will run over terrain they can't usually run over ANYWAY. But since pathing is so very, very broken, mounts need to be fixed in this aspect as well.

"SPECIAL ATTACK" FEATURES.
The dragon supposedly comes with a wing attack that knocks down opponents. I've used this attack several times, and NOTHING HAPPENS. The friend who bought me the mount also noted that his special attack (he bought a Kanian Hound that is supposed to hold an enemy in place) doesn't work either, and I have little to no hope any of the other "special skills" work either.

AGAIN, this comes down to pricing based on skills and abilities for me. if none of said skills or abilities work, then the mount is reduced to almost uselessness. Add to this the simple fact that the mount is another of Allods attempts to "force" people to use the cash shop ( the very thing that pretty much killed it some time ago; I used to play when it was overflowing with players and it's a sad shadow of it's former self in that aspect)and it just seems... like you're cheating me out of something.

TL;DR
Basically the dragon mount can't climb for crap, gets stuck in holes VERY often, it's flying feature is crappy and ineffectual and it's attack feature doesn't seem to work. This makes it's only appeal it's appearance... which doesn't justify the 940 crystal price it has attached to it. I'm really disappointed and upset over wasting the gift I was given on what was put forward as a great mount only to find it was all smoke and mirrors, and I'd honestly like my crystals back to get a smaller, more sensible mount that just runs faster. I wish I had known beforehand, but the chat feature in the game ALSO doesn't let me type or see more than one line at a time.

Please fix this issue if it's possible, and as a question, has anyone else mentioned this or noticed the things I'm talking about here? Are there any plans to fix this problem?

well first off the price is super cheap^^ when the mount came out ppl paid like 100 euro for it^^ now you nearly get it for 1/10 of the original price :D

then the jump meh yeah seems a bit silly but if you could use it to "climb" hills you could cheat the game with bugging through walls^^(was used ALOT back then and they fixed this more and more with invisible walls)

then automove well its not just the dragon who has this problem^^ its for all mounts but well...just maybe...run yourself? if your stuck move an inch and you can use the slackertool again^^ when not just use WASD they will also move your charackter^^

also the price in the cs is not determined by looks or something but its choosen by the rank of the mound which is the base for its speed and lifepoints so this is what you are paying for^^

Gwiniel

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

1. Yes, automove with the yarn sucks - it's like watching a drunk or drugged mount go frantic. Don't use it in hard terrains, if you don't have to.

2a. Real flying isn't possible because the game wasn't originally designed for it. The maps are meant to be explored your feet on the ground, not flying above everything like in the dragon game (won't name it as it's not allowed). There are "flying" mounts like Magic Carpet, Baba Yaga's Pestle and Wraith that fully hovers over ground but you can't vary altitude.

2b. The Fly, Leap etc skills on various mounts are meant for speed, by leaping forward for 70 yards, you can jump past some npcs or long "flat" areas. It also works on some small hills that boost your leaping even further or leaping downhill. Players just have to explore what works and where. You can't use the Leap/Fly from jumping down high cliffs, over bodies of water (except small or really shallow), against uphill, over/through stones, stumps, some bushes/trees and buildings.

2c. Bluescarlet above explained why jumping on hills etc isn't possible.

3. All other mount skills except fly/leap/self-healing are meant against another player, that's why they don't work against NPCs. So they aren't broken. Only battle mounts can attack NPCs.

4. The old dragon mount is also slow with only 145% speed. Pegasus for example is 155%. (only Lightning Bolt is faster)

5. This Black Friday mount sale is for collectors that want to have specific mounts for various reasons because they are all slower that the newest mounts.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

@ Bluescarlet: If anyone was paying 100 euros for a mount in an online game, I feel honestly sorry for them. This was always a F2P game; paying that much for just a part of it was and is silly.

I never asked that the jump be used to climb cliffs or walls. I said low hills. Trying to move with the mount, you can't even track up a slight incline sometimes and that seems weird. I can understand why mounts can't climb cliffs or walls, come on now.

What is the point of having automove if you have to move yourself? Simply saying "do it yourself" is the same as saying "there's no need for automove". This feature needs to be FIXED, not ignored.

As for the price? What is the rank determined by? The abilities it possesses and how fast it can move, right? Now. If all the abilities and skills don't work properly, then that kinda decreases the rank doesn't it? Again, this is something that needs to be fixed, so that the skills you gain from the mount are equal to the costs you pay for it.

@ Gwiniel The only thing I will say to you is that I never actually asked for "real flight". I simply think that the "fly" skill; which lets you move forward quickly over the ground, needs to be made so it actually works without getting stuck in terrain, and that you should be able to steer it to some amount, allowing you to avoid trying to use it, only to crash into obstacles. If you're supposed to be in the air, wrinkles in the ground shouldn't affect you.

Beruf: Destoryer of all things you love

• Nachricht senden

@ Bluescarlet: If anyone was paying 100 euros for a mount in an online game, I feel honestly sorry for them. This was always a F2P game; paying that much for just a part of it was and is silly.
Back on the NA server I sold 2 separate Titan mounts for nearly $550 each.

disagree ...

4. The old dragon mount is also slow with only 145% speed. Pegasus for example is 155%. (only Lightning Bolt is faster)

i really don't think so , the vivern is much faster than the pegasus and has less CD for the jump , but its a mistake in the mount description that its speed is faster than the vivern
Titanium
Scout/League/F2P

Bring It On! Cuz I'm Just Gonna Grow Up In The Battle HEY !!

Timed Artifacts: The hidden value
Blanks In Chat?

Windstorm

Schüler

Beruf: profesional slacker .

• Nachricht senden

I have the dragon - was struggling hard to win it from those prophetic cards ...very happy when i got it ...THEN indeed this mount was most annoying i ever got because it got stuck everywhere (most smooth one was the cat ,but its not good anymore compareing with other mounts around).It was a complete relief when i could change it for Viverne mount later on ,just because this particularely mount really gets stuck in everything around -even without automove : it just magically found somewhere a hole ,some bad terrain or whatever ..terribile mount indeed.

Gwiniel

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

i really don't think so , the vivern is much faster than the pegasus and has less CD for the jump , but its a mistake in the mount description that its speed is faster than the vivern
I was only talking about mounts you can buy from Item Shop during this Black Friday. You can't buy Viverne there. Vivernes are anywhere between 150k to 800k gold in auction house and there are a lot of people that can't afford them. I know Viverne is faster than Pegasus because of faster leap cd but not as significantly as Lightning Bolt is.
New to Allods? Need few tips'n'tricks? Check ALLODS ONLINE SANCTUARY

Important guide for new players: Patronage: requirements and benefits

also, while viverne is a bit faster it has no healingskill

@maintopic
while i understand that the anticipation was high when you read FLY forward and its just a huge leap you are disappointed,
i do not understand your problems with automove...
it works really great and i use it a LOT (i actually move only by automove whenever its possible, i also have the dragonmount, and it almost never gets stuck; and if it does just press automove again and its fine)

What is annoying with mounts, or better say, annoying in developers practice? Slower old mounts when new rank come. Before Lighting Bolt came, you can finish Kirah race on Wraith at about 1:46. Now best time is about 2:12. Maybe im wrong, and race distance is change, but i dont think so. :) With rank 10 they will be faster then sound, nice look in stats ;) Sad that real speed will be that same like fastest mount now.

Nobody really felt that his mount like slowing down? Maybe it's hard to feel it, and after some time the speed mount normally.
But not only that I had such an impression. And the final - race time extension. Almost 30s diffrrent. I don't have any other explanation.

ive neve done the race so i cant judge this in particular, but i do regular customers-Q and this one is faster now with lightning while it takes the same time with old mounts

also might be relevant:
  • if you have a better (faster) mount and go back to an old one it feels slow and crappy (because you get used to the new speed)
  • if you were used to alter your FOV and then, with the patch that made this no longer available by default, moving seemed also slower (btw its a shame that the FOV thing no longer works and you have to "hack" the game now to make it work! X()
  • if you get a new screen with a different aspect-ratio the FOV also changes and thus makes it visually slower when moving (if you go from 4:3 to 16:9 or 16:10 for example) - you can try this: zoom in and drive a bit and then zoom out and do the same distance

No no, i'm ride on Wraith from moment he was appeared. When you start race, in buffs appear timer, because you have 10 min to finish. Before Lighting Bolt, i usually end with 8:14 on timer. (He goes down). Now its 7:48 when I end race. So it plus feel slow mount do not know how else to explain.

Didn't notice any changes at map size, or any patch note about something like that. :) At this moment only chance to confirm is check time for mount at some distance before they give next rank mount and after that ;)

I got mine through prophetic cards so I probably spent way over $100 for it but I also got costumes elixers cc's and other stuff so depends on how you look at it if it will be worth it for you or not.

Most people will spend way more then that when the battle mounts come out.

also, while viverne is a bit faster it has no healingskill

@maintopic
while i understand that the anticipation was high when you read FLY forward and its just a huge leap you are disappointed,
i do not understand your problems with automove...
it works really great and i use it a LOT (i actually move only by automove whenever its possible, i also have the dragonmount, and it almost never gets stuck; and if it does just press automove again and its fine)
That's part of the problem right there. Pressing automove when you find that random hole in the terrain DOESN'T start you moving again; you just wiggle around in the hole and the stop, staying stuck! Also when this mount runs you into a hole, with it's size and the fact that you're stuck, hostile players can then run up on you unseen and get an easy kill; all you can do is wonder what's happening and try to fight back or run... except you're kinda stuck in this hole...

I got mine through prophetic cards so I probably spent way over $100 for it but I also got costumes elixers cc's and other stuff so depends on how you look at it if it will be worth it for you or not.

Most people will spend way more then that when the battle mounts come out.
I can see if you spend money and get a mount in addition to other things; that's not really spending money ONLY on the mount, and makes at least some sense as compared to spending that amount on JUST the mount and then it having all these minor issues that ruin it.

As for the battle mounts? Imagine they come out and you're all set to spend away to own one... and then every one you see in use is getting stuck in holes and glitching badly. Are you gonna still dump money into owning one? Most people pay good money for good products. I'm just asking that if this product ( the dragon mount ) has this many issues, they address and them and fix them.

Back on the NA server I sold 2 separate Titan mounts for nearly $550 each.
Lol. I'd love to use this as an example of how people will spend money for mounts...?

Except americans (of which I am one) like to waste their money on whatever looks fancy or makes them feel better than someone else. I remember in certain games someone claiming they had spent over $3,000+ on boxes that only gave them a CHANCE of getting an item... and not getting it! ...They then admitted they'd probably just keep trying.

A friend of mine also would play World of Warcraft, level an account to max level (at that time it was 60) and then sell the accounts for that much. He could do it in less than a month so he was basically making $550 for a $35 investment. *shrugs*