You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, March 28th 2014, 9:25pm

Mentoring System - Language Selection

As a new player I've noticed that the system of pairing a character with a random mentor often causes language barrier issues since we have so many different regions merged together in this version (for example, because of the 24 hour cooldown on reassignment it took me almost a week before I was finally assigned a mentor who spoke English). Would it be possible to implement a "preferred language" option to help sort this out?

Friday, March 28th 2014, 10:07pm

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

They won't, but you could reduce the time it take's to get a Mentor you prefer by logging in around you're peak hours of play when the current mentor is offline or a peak time of day when you know other's of you're nationality will be online to reject the current. It may not give you a Mentor with the language you prefer, but it will increase you're odd's of finding one that play's when you do. A good mentor will try to help, and a great mentor will familiarize him/herself with a dialect to converse with you. Those are also the one's less likely to depend on advantage's to do well in game in any class as well, and worth the trouble to find.