You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, March 28th 2014, 9:30pm

Question about Mentoring System

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if some kind person would mind telling me a bit about the mentoring system? Or maybe direct me to somewhere I can read up on it?The old gpotato forums are closed and I am a bit lost. For example, what level limits are there for pupils? I find that some of my characters don't actually have a mentor tab under social. Maybe they are too low level? Are the assignments completely random? I keep getting mentors who speak a different language haha. What kinds of pros/cons are there for the mentoring system? (Do we get more exp for partying with mentors?)

Thank you!

Friday, March 28th 2014, 9:41pm

Oracle

Intermediate

You can become a Mentor from level 30.
Any new character can receive a Mentor from level 9, and they can either choose to stop being an apprentice, or they will stop being your apprentice once they have reached the maximum level. Apprentices/Mentors are chosen at random from people who are online at that moment. Unfortunately there are no exp bonuses for partying with your mentor.

The benefits for the apprentice: If you find a good mentor, you can receive advice on your class and help with builds or in general about Allods. Also, by doing the Apprentice quests with your mentor, you can receive a nice Epic piece of gear every few levels.

The benefits for the mentor: You receive a % of the Anniversary coins the apprentice earns, increasing as their level increases as well as Marks of Diligence if they are in a guild. For doing the apprentice quests with them, you will receive some gold, increasing with their level also. You may also have that nice feeling that you are helping a new player through the game :)

Downsides: It's random so you could get anyone. They could be good, or bad, or not even speak your language. You may get someone who quits the game. A lot of new apprentices quit quite early on :/ Other people may find their apprentices are annoying, begging for gold, etc etc. However, it's always possible to reject an Apprentice/Mentor if you don't like them :)

Friday, March 28th 2014, 9:42pm

Once you are level 9 you can accept a Mentor, and will be randomly assigned one of your Archetype.

Every 5 levels (except level 9, the next is then 15) you get a quest which rewards you with an epic item, and your Mentor with gold. This can only be done with your Mentor. The higher your level, the more gold for your Mentor.

Once you are level 30, you can accept Mentees, and don't have to give up your Mentor.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Friday, March 28th 2014, 10:25pm

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

(Do we get more exp for partying with mentors?)

Someone say this is happening somewhere, and I don't know about it yet.

Friday, March 28th 2014, 10:34pm

No - you'll get no xp at all because of the level difference

Friday, March 28th 2014, 10:44pm

Hello,

The old gpotato forums are closed and I am a bit lost

Old gPotato sites are down, but there is a lot of official informations and articles on Guild Portals, which are some sort of Official Allods sites besides old Official Allods Sites (gPotato Portal).

About mentoring :
http://guilds.en.allods.com/forum/topics…anges-mentoring

You can have a "Best Friend" ingame too :
http://guilds.en.allods.com/forum/topics…at-best-friends

Have fun in Allods !
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Friday, March 28th 2014, 11:16pm

Thank you everyone! This helped alot ^^

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 1:10pm

Beeing a mentor is fun, you can spend alot of time leveling your apprentice wich wil ask for all gold you get from mentor quests or threats to leave for other mentor :P
I

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 1:39pm

There are good and bad mentors though :D

But as you can read at the guildportal, you can simply abandon your Mentor if he is bad or inactive. Then you will randomly get a new one. The function has 30 days cooldown.

It starts with a 24 hour cooldown, and gets progressively longer with each abandonment.

Sunday, March 30th 2014, 1:58pm

Another fun fact is that if you already are a mentor (or at least have the mentioring turned on) and make a reinc, you will get apprentices of your reinc's class while u'r on that reinc. So u can become a mentor in a class u don't know anything about. I don't remember if there is a required lvl for your reinc to gain apprentices of that class, but i surely got some psio newbies under my wings while i was with my psio in Asee. Just throwing it out there since we're sharing :D

Rate this thread