You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, December 27th 2015, 5:26pm

Economy and new comer

Hello,

I am a new player into Allods, i ve began sinced few months however i have find really difficult to understand ow work the economy. AH is not friendly toward crafting because when you reach 65 crafting is useless... Pricing of cristal is always rising, at my begining it was 211 gold per unit now 300+ gold per unit. So how a new comer can geared up and use rune when the incoming of gold is hilarious and the pricing of the cristal ever rising?

If you wish to attract new player then you should understand how to welcome them and keep them fully welcome.

Sunday, December 27th 2015, 5:35pm

If you wish to attract new player then you should understand how to welcome them and keep them fully welcome.
This has not been the case for very long time. If you're new, go play something else.

Sunday, December 27th 2015, 6:31pm

economy is difficult to understand at the beginning; true
once you understood it its asy however

but basically its like: exchange always goes up when sales are and goes down when no sales are
cheap sales like prophetic cards let it go up extra high (because the small prices per compass are affordable for almost everyone by exchange)
upgrading takes out gold of the cycle of economy while activities that generate gold put gold in
the longer the game runs the higher the exchange rate goes

once a new levelpatch comes, activities that generate gold give MORE GOLD, which leads to an adjustment regarding the exchangerate (means you can get BC easier)

in one sentence economy is like: you buy things cheap and sell them expensive

as a newcomer gearing is of very questionable usage, i personally do not recommend it
just upgrade runes, they stay; gear will be softreset (new better gear comes with patch 6.0!)

we have a thread about farming here as well which sums up pretty much every activity that is useful for gaining gold

once you have enough gold to buy things get them cheap and try to sell them more expensive
this way you get gold "for nothing" (but handing things over)
the gold you get you use to buy more things for resale

as for crafting, you can offer making leveling gear, some players tend to give out relatively large sums of gold for getting purple gear for their level (especially level 29 purple items are wanted)
same with highest possible craftable gear (those who want to not gear but be better than ferris blue repgear willl buy it)

last way is speculation; if you buy BC while its 1:275 then sell your BC while 1:305 and it goes down to 1:280 or something again, you buy BC again and you have also got currency "for nothing" ;)

Sunday, December 27th 2015, 11:12pm

Unless you have literally thousands of euros to spend, starting on the free to play server is pointless. The amount of catching up even a returning old player has to do is outrageous. For a completely new player this barrier is nothing short of insurmountable.

It's the main reason why free to play will most likely never significantly increase in population ever again, best they can hope for is a few returning old players.

There's also a subscription server where there's no cash shop and the catching up is very doable if you can put in the time. It's very low population right now, but at least there's a theoretical possibility of an increase.

As much as we would hate to ever admit it, this game IS dying.

"Play something else" advice is pretty spot on.

Monday, December 28th 2015, 12:36am

thanks you for your kind reply. Merry xmas

Rate this thread