You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, March 29th 2014, 1:42am

SinBadd

Beginner

• "SinBadd" started this thread

Some suggestions for possible changes to our lovely game.

I do not typically write in the forums however after the patch has occurred to me that some thing are not equaled in the game and one of them is the ability to upgrade gear.
Today I ran several instances of astral and doing as i should i selected ranged weapon for my wand and use one of the new items to open up my ethereal box I also took the time to buy a item from item shop that cost only four crystals on said item to make sure the leggy item would grant me 200% and 200% . After opening said boxes I got a wand of determination 13 times of the 15 boxes received from the 3 different allods . ( On the final boss of the first one we went into second chance and got no boss ethereal box drop at all ) However another person open his and got 13 wands of brutality which is the wand I use . So in any game there is a thing called RNG which means random number generator this same person is already having 2 different pieces of astral blue gear though we have gone through astral together on every run. Now I know that this generator is a real piece of code because otherwise every one would have all the mounts etc. and as I have spent 1000s of dollars on the game and not gotten what I would think is fair for such an investment that is not my issue . My issue is that my generator must be broken because ................ who knows .? I do not wish to wine about this fact but I do want it to be known that there is an issue when a game relies on the rng. what I will say is I think some sort of method should be done so that it is equaled out a bit more. it should not be that most people open there boxes rather it be in wellebelle or astral and be afforded the same opportunity as the other person who get his gear faster due to this. I would love to hear some sincere comments on this note and any other suggestions people may have for making a more equalized chance of gaining superiority as the next person . THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO PLACE COMMENTS ABOUT HOW YOU THINK IT IS A CS BASED GAME! NO TROLLS ALLOWED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday, March 29th 2014, 4:51am

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

The penalty for flipping wand's is very little, but what I did is this. I got 1green item of each piece, and put them all on untill I had created 1 set for each PvE, PvP, and rape PvE like running GT with 1 or two people for vanity. After making sure I had every stat placed exactly where I would want them I put them in bank, and it turned out to be less than two set's since focusing on main pieces for Proff is where you want to be anyway. Even though you upgrade 5 extra pieces there will come a time when you want them for something. By starting with proff wand, weap, chest, pants, and shirt the rest will fit in easily. There is no way you get unbalanced on D, and with alchemy item's you can flip off stats as needed on rare+.

Saturday, March 29th 2014, 4:53am

Dragagon_old

Unregistered

The penalty for flipping wand's is very little, but what I did is this. I got 1green item of each piece, and put them all on untill I had created 1 set for each PvE, PvP, and rape PvE like running GT with 1 or two people for vanity. After making sure I had every stat placed exactly where I would want them I put them in bank, and it turned out to be less than two set's since focusing on main pieces for Proff is where you want to be anyway. Even though you upgrade 5 extra pieces there will come a time when you want them for something. By starting with proff wand, weap, chest, pants, and shirt the rest will fit in easily. There is no way you get unbalanced on D, and with alchemy item's you can flip off stats as needed on rare+.
And that's how you save a life.

Saturday, March 29th 2014, 11:23am

My issue is that my generator must be broken because ................ who knows .? I do not wish to wine about this fact but I do want it to be known that there is an issue when a game relies on the rng.

Every game relies on an RNG.

Every game has people who see exceptionally unlikely occurrences and says that the RNG must be broken.

Very few people understand probability enough to correctly assess if an RNG is broken (You need to understand the underlying probabilities of an event, the variances involved and have a large sample size ).

I also wouldn't be surprised if you are engaging in the Gambler's Fallacy as well.
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 12:14pm

You can't judge RNG on one occasion, like that. Judging RNG and how bad it is should be done on a more global basis. Because it is RNG - sometimes you'll be lucky, sometimes you won't be. Yesterday for example, I did 3 islands and I got the upgraders I need from every box I opened. The previous days, there was 2 islands that dropped only 1 useful item each.

Point being - you were unlucky. Next time you will be lucky, however then you won't make a thread about it.
Colin Quinn Recipe for success/dinner. 1/2 cup of brass you know whats, a tablespoon of I don't give a care, and a pound of get off my back, jack!