You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, January 12th 2016, 3:10am

My anti-malware keeps stating my.com is malware

I'm sorry to bother people about this, but I am using an anti - malware called Avira. I never had a problem with it, but I am downloading Allods Online EN which I believe I downloaded from the correct site. My Avira keeps telling me it is blocking my.com. The download is still going but every few minutes it gives this message about blocking my.com. Should I be concerned about this?

Tuesday, January 12th 2016, 4:33am

I'm running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and lately when I'm playing Allods it flags malicious website connections from multiple IP addresses on inbound connections via C:\MyGames\Allods Online EN\bin\GameCenterLight\GameCenter@Mail.Ru.exe. I've been curious about this as well, but not overly concerned. In particular I have been wondering why it suddenly started up again, as it used to do this in the past.

EDIT: It seems to be BitTorrent traffic, possibly as part of the progressive downloader?

Tuesday, January 12th 2016, 12:45pm

Hello,

The thing is, once you finish downloading the game, you have to cut the P2P connection :

Uncheck this box.

Anti-malware should be quiet after that (they don't like connection to russia).
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Tuesday, January 12th 2016, 6:22pm

1. I don't us the my.com launcher, I launch directly from "C:\MyGames\Allods Online EN\bin\Launcher.exe"
2. My settings are already set to disable that.

As a further note on the BT aspect, they are INBOUND connections, so yes it is seeding. The ones I saw were from India, Philipines, and Romania. I have a fundamental issue with the fact that while I'm playing, GameCenter is using my connection in a manner which I have specifically told it not to, and attempting to do so without my knowledge.

Tuesday, January 12th 2016, 8:13pm

block gamecenter's incoming connections in firewall, this fixes that even if the program itself does not offer a proper (working) option to do so
(ingame is also a slider for slow down seeding, but not for stopping it... wtf...)

these days a lot of games abuse their clients to do unwanted seeding which is a REALLY bad habit and rightfully makes them considered malware or at least potentially unwanted software

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ALLODS-ONLINE-PLAYER" (Jan 12th 2016, 9:23pm)

Wednesday, January 13th 2016, 11:58pm

Thank you everyone! I stopped it by not letting it start up at Windows login and I use the allods icon on my desktop so I don't directly sign into my.com. It looks like it isn't popping up anymore. I will try and firewall it if I see that message again.