You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Allods Online Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 2:53pm

Rankings petition attempt

Implement Ranking visible to public?

A total of 46 Votes have been submitted.

91%

-Yes (42)

9%

-No (4)

I know this has been mentioned before, but not much has came of it. (Nothing has).
So, I guess my question is what is preventing this from happening?
Good idea? Bad idea?

We don't need everything that RU has like Ship ranking, gear and such.
But I think it would be nice to have Arena of Heroes, 3v3, 6v6 at least for the start.

Those few things are what people usually enjoy the most in the game and I think Ranking for them would be a nice feature to have.
It doesn't have to be anything "fancy", just the 3 Links, updated weekly for all to see.
Doesn't have to be 100-300 people, maybe just top 15 people for 3v3 and 6v6?
For Arena of Heroes can be a link to it, 1-5 top parties, or something along the lines.

I know it costs "Time and Money" to do something like this, but how hard can it really be to look up few numbers and update them weekly.
Lets see if we can get few mods involved for a suggestion to admins or whomever would have access to such numbers.
(Not a troll post, it would just be something nice for all public to see the achievements of others pushing their limits.)

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 2:57pm

Yuna

Trainee

Vash for Mod <3 :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Yuna
Monsters Inc.
:love:

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 2:58pm

Halfing

Beginner

I support this! ++

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 3:05pm

Vash for Mod <3 :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
On a serious note.. :D
If I had somebody (Mod or whoever) mail me numbers and names I'd keep it updated, even if it had to be posted weekly on the forum.
Make it all pretty and what not my self xD

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 3:29pm

Hello,

If I had somebody (Mod or whoever) mail me numbers and names I'd keep it updated, even if it had to be posted weekly on the forum.

You mean ingame information ?
Mods have absolutly no tool for that, we are just players like you, with some forum moderation abilities :/.
I'm quite sure even CMs don't have this kind of information.

It was stated a long time ago that we will have the guild leaderboard (for MoS and other things), but we're still waiting for it :(.

Unless each player can let information about its weekly rank on a googlesheet or something, there's no automatic solution right now.
Allods Online Discord
Check out the community chat
Choose EU in #language chan
----
Rejoignez la communauté sur le serveur Discord Allods Online
Clic sur le drapeau EU dans le canal #language

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 3:34pm

Yuna

Trainee

Unless each player can let information about its weekly rank on a googlesheet or something, there's no automatic solution right now.
then how does russian servers have it?
Yuna
Monsters Inc.

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 3:34pm

Hello,

You mean ingame information ?
Mods have absolutly no tool for that, we are just players like you, with some forum moderation abilities :/.
I'm quite sure even CMs don't have this kind of information.

It was stated a long time ago that we will have the guild leaderboard (for MoS and other things), but we're still waiting for it :(.

Yeah I'm not sure who has info for things like this and who doesn't but that's why mentioned if mods can at least mention it to people who have the access to that.
Because obviously Mods have more influence on things like this than we do, even if its just by a small portion.

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 3:43pm

It's an automated system. Probably a command can be issued to the server that returns this information and the website does just that.
The displayed lists are far too large for a "manual" compilation. API exists, it's a fact.

So, I guess my question is what is preventing this from happening?

I would guess my.com employs only clerical staff full time and any engineering or web design is outsourced. To put it simplier, people present daily at their office are neither able nor authorized to pull this data.

Even PRIVATE SERVERS are displaying this data. This is nothing short of disgrace.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jan 22nd 2016, 3:49pm)

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 3:51pm

Hello,

It's in the database. Their devs created webpages that can link data from the servers database to the official website, so that those kind of leaderboard can exist. (I'm not a dev, it may be more complicated than that).

When we had our brand new website, we thought that this tool will be implemented too. Obviously it didn't.

@Vash : We'll ask again, as they promise this leaderboard a long time ago. Not sure we'll get it soon anyway.

Edit : what Dala said.
Allods Online Discord
----

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gladia" (Jan 22nd 2016, 4:52pm)

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 4:14pm

I think if private servers are able to "crack the code", this being implemented here shouldn't take longer than couple of days.
Then nobody would need to update it since it would be auto updated. Maybe maint on it every now and then if there is a glitch, but yeah..

Clearly people want this, not sure why they wont do it when we know it is possible and from the looks of it seems like something easy to do none the less.

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 4:36pm

Yuna

Trainee

its already been half or more year when you were thinking about putting those boards.
i dont think we will ever have it any more, we did in the past when the game was on gpotato and Narsa was active GM, he used to do guild lvls on gportal... no i doubt for anything like that happening from what you say.
Yuna
Monsters Inc.

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 5:53pm

I think if private servers are able to "crack the code", this being implemented here shouldn't take longer than couple of days.
Then nobody would need to update it since it would be auto updated. Maybe maint on it every now and then if there is a glitch, but yeah..

The rankings updates on RU servers are frequent, so frequent that I'd suspect developers built a command directly into the server to retrieve them (that is relevant SQL queries have already been constructed). If there's any documentation with the server files, there should be instructions there how to pull it and what data set it returns. All they need to do is contact whoever made their website to properly format and display it on a page.

There exists an unofficial statistics portal about Russian Allods servers http://www.desperado-ao.ru that uses this data. I don't know if they obtain it by parsing the official website or the devs made the API available to the public. If it's the latter - might be that retrieving this information doesn't even require authentication (which means even less work for the software engineer).

But the problem is money, My.com has to pay software engineers/web designers to do it. ;(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Dala" (Jan 22nd 2016, 5:58pm)

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 6:43pm

If it were a Microsoft SQL server back end, it's actually extremely easy to do using the SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Server) so I have to imagine no matter what they are using for the database it can't be that difficult to create. That being what it is, it's possible the problem may be in translating from the RU to International versions? Alternatively it may be a security, or infrastructure issue. It seems that the game servers are in London (?) and the web servers are in Switzerland (?) so that may be the problem. Hard to say though since they are using CloudFlare.

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 6:49pm

If it were a Microsoft SQL server back end, it's actually extremely easy to do using the SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Server) so I have to imagine no matter what they are using for the database it can't be that difficult to create.

The backend is PostgreSQL. There's actually a video tutorial on youtube about how to launch Allods private server.
I'd link it here but I don't want my post to be deleted :whistling:

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 7:31pm

Hello,

It seems that the game servers are in London (?)

Game servers are based in the Netherlands (my.com B.V. is based in Amsterdam).

Not talking about private server is indeed an excellent idea ;).
Small reminder : Private Allods Online servers are illegals, and promoting them can lead to a temporary or permanent ban from the forum, or from the game, if you promote them ingame.
Allods Online Discord
----

Saturday, January 23rd 2016, 12:26pm

Kyara

Beginner

++ :thumbsup:

"Achte auf Deine Gedanken,denn sie werden Worte. Achte auf Deine Worte,denn sie werden Handlungen. Achte auf Deine Handlungen,denn sie werden Gewohnheiten. Achte auf Deine Gewohnheiten,denn sie werden Dein Charakter. Achte auf Deinen Charakter,denn er wird Dein Schicksal."

Wednesday, January 27th 2016, 4:05pm

Totaly useless thread, as usual from this author

You should make an intelligent petition instead of this

For example : forbid palatank or rune 13 kakers to ruining pvp by signing it (palatank is unkillable and ..... best dps in the game fucking logic for a TANK)

Wednesday, January 27th 2016, 4:22pm

Penance

Beginner

For example : forbid palatank or rune 13 kakers to ruining pvp by signing it (palatank is unkillable and ..... best dps in the game fucking logic for a TANK)
Says the one who has 9 times the runes than the beginner that just started this game trying to have some fun while you bascially 1 shot him in battlegrounds, you sir are out of your mind and the logic that you provide does make any sense at all when you're contradicting yourself and the amount of cashshop you have compare to his. i heard back in the day that you were pretty solid paladin but then you lost your touch after all the merges EU had and runes kept going up, now instead of going emo about that why don't you stop complain and go back to competition like everyone else

this thread says it all, the majority of allods players wants this ranking system, so it's more than fair to say that we do deserve one and not left out from those so called op ruski servers.

Wednesday, January 27th 2016, 5:34pm

Wednesday, January 27th 2016, 6:05pm

IAmGroot

Professional

You're cute.
If you have such an issue with paladins being "too OP", because you always mention them in every damn thread you type in...why don't you class change? The saying goes "If you can't beat them, join them."
Why don't you? Also, perhaps you shouldn't post anymore because you NEVER have anything legitimate or useful to say in a thread...ever. :sleeping: